Originally Posted By: M E M
I don’t think you were convinced to be honest. You have been reliable with whatever pro-Trump talking point is being used. The reality is yesterday Trump put out federal guidelines for reopening the economy. Today he tweeted support for those protesting against those very guidelines the governors are using for shelter in place. What exactly does Trump mean by liberate?

That's a rather slanted accusation, that doessn't resemble what I actually said.
I'm an independent thinker who happens to agree with Trump on a lot of issues, but on several occasions have questioned the logic of particcular Trump decisions, some f them pretty angrily, even earlier in this topic. I haven't been the slightest bit shy about voicing my opinion when I disagree with Trump.

Trump is not ordering the premature opening of the country, he is just laying out a general 3-phase national standard of criteria for 50 individual governors to open their states. And as I said just a post above, the DEMOCRAT governors of Washington, Oregon, and California, and even Gov Andrew Cuomo of the worst hit New York state, HAVE ALL EXPRESSED THE EXACT SAME DESIRE TO SET DOWN A TIMELINE FOR RE-OPENING THEIR STATES!

These Democrat governors you hold to a different standard, and don't don't seethe your irrational hate for these Democrats, despite that they have voiced THE EXACT SAME OPINION AND OBJECTIVES AS TRUMP.

Originally Posted By: M E M

We’re in the middle of a pandemic and we get that crap? If it were just the adult protesters risking their own health I honestly wouldn’t mind but I saw a lot of kids at that protest today. And health care workers are a chunk of the fatalities so far so it’s really upsetting to see so many stupid people pack in a crowd at the governor’s mansion risking so many others.

Again, I've been sheltering at home for 5 weeks, I clearly don't agree with them or advocate the same thing. And as I said above already, even if I did, I'd be out there with a protective face mask and personal-distancing, if only not to give Democrats like yourself a distraction from the real issue to deceitfully focus on.
But at the same time, I at least see their point of view. Tucker Carlson on his show last night (Thursday, April 16th) looked at Sweden that has done none of the shelter-at-home measures that we have, and yet only has roughly the same number of cases (I would link to it for you, if the liberal censor Winston Smiths at Youtube hadn't already deleted it.)
Carlson also cited in the same piece that Norway did a complete lockdown like we did, and yet Norway and Sweden have virtually the same number of hospitalizations and deaths.

I counter that by saying the purpose was to "flatten the curve", and dissenting from that POV that those vulnerable will die anyway, less infected the first month means less infected the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th 6th month, who might not get it at all for having avoided that first wave.
But even if they get it later, as in the examples of hydroxychloroquine, or remdesevir drugs, if they get it a ew months later, they might have treatments to avoid severe illness, hospitalization or death in just a month or two. If Doctors find ways to vastly reduce or eliminate deaths of Covid-19/Wuhan Flu, that alone does a lot to reduce fear enough that people would no longer be afraid to go to jobs or restaurants, and I think at that point the economy would bounce back quickly.

So... I don't see where that is "reliable with whatever the Trump talking points are". I disagree with these protestors, but I don't see where what I said aligns with either what Trump is saying, or what the protestors are saying.
I think it's a fact that if you can shop at a Michigan or Minnesota Walmart and buy groceries, it doesn't make sense that it creates more of a danger if you buy paint or lawn-seed in the same store while there. Or that you're infecting people by being one of 20 separate carss in a parking lot listing to aa pastor's radio broadcast on your car stereo, to the point that it warrants being arrested or getting a $500 fine with no prior warnings of that law.

Or that you can't do either of the 2 aabove things, or go to a retail gun store, but you can go to a marijuaana shop, or a liquor store, or an abortion clinic. How are any of those any less risky? Except that these are conservative actiuvities and businesses, that a Democrat governor shuts down, while leaving the liberal businesses and activities open. And both alcohol and marijuana lower immunity and increase risk of Covid-19 infection.

Amid your irrational hate, strain yourself to come up with a logical and consistent answer.