Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Outside of the politics of this I hope everyone is doing okay here. Besides the pandemic itself so many people are being impacted with the shutdowns. And at this point I think it’s pretty clear that there is no going back to normal. Now it’s finding a way to a new normal. I suspect anybody that can work from home will be now doing that for the foreseeable future. Wherever social distancing can be be put in place for companies is going to be a must. Hopefully a vaccine works well enough that gets us closer to the old normal but that going to take some time. I’m hearing 12 to 18 months for a chance of having something that works and has been tested.

In the short term, yes. But I disagree this is permanent. It stays this way until either 1) a vaccine is deveeloped, or 2) a remedy like blood serum, hydroxychloroquine, or remdesevir diminishes the worst symptoms. So that at some point, hopefully a month or two at most, treatment will exist so someone might get sick or even hospitalized, but it ceases to be life-threatening or a death sentence.

I'm frankly surprised that hasn't already haappened in the last month, during the high days of up to 2,500 deaths a day, when I thought doctors would more often use the above anti-virals and maybe save 95% of those ICU patients.
But doctors seem very reluctant to use those anti-virals. And many surviving hydroxychloroquine patients I've seen interviewed (linked with articles above) say they were at death's door, and when they requested or demanded these meds, they made an immediate recovery within a matter of hours. But they had to request or demand these medications before they were given, otherwise they would have been left to die in their beds.
The death total might be 15 or 20 thousand instead of 51 thousand, if doctors were less reluctant to use these "clinically unproven" medications. I fgure the clinical studies will be done within a month or two. But at this rate, the outbreak will be pretty much over and the drugs will not be needed by the time the studies are done.

As I linked above, doctors in the rest of the world are using these anti-virals on Covid-19, and have overwhelming good results of patients survive with hydroxychloroquine.
Only in the U.S. is there resistance to using these meds. Again it seems like a case of Trump favors these medications as "a good prospect", so therefore the Dems, liberal media, and anti-Trump wing of the medical community is absolutely against them, no matter what the evidence.

Laura Ingraham the last two days said she's spoken to a number of doctors who are using hydroxychloroquine and remdesevir, but are quietly doing so for fear of political backlash against them. But usage is incresing for these meds, even in the U.S.
Laura ingraham herself, while traveling in central America and other third-world nations, was prescribed hydroxychloroquine as an aanti-Malarial years ago. Ingrahmaa went there both to adopt a daughter in Guatamala, and also later to do news coverage. But she was prescribed it, with no side effects.