Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I’m not sure what you exactly consider a lie WB. Kentucky does take federal money. NY pays out Mitch’s state takes it. The governor may be a democrat but that doesn’t change the fact that Kentucky (like Florida) takes federal money while states like NY pays out more.

As for Cuomo not preparing for a pandemic like Trump didn’t, neither had the stock piles of supplies recommended. Trump of course takes no responsibility for not replenishing anything over the years he’s been President. What are you calling a lie?

As I cited sources for above, there are a lot of details in that Federal money to states that is glossed over and unexplained, that smack of false narrative the way you (and Gov. Coumo) are spinning them.

As for the "both Trump and Cuomo didn't prepare" false narrative:
1) Gov. Cuomo was directly warned by his own Health Department in a 2015 written report that he was specifically deficient in several thousand ventilator machines, and yet Cuomo ignored the report. In N Y state, with the city that is the most densely populated in the country, that has been the target of multiple recent terrorist attacks. Cuomo had reason to be concerned and prepare, but he instead ignored specific warnings of his own health department.
2) Trump was in office a shorter time and was not similarly warned. Despite this, Dr Anthony Fauci gave a videotaped speech in Jan 2017 just before Trump was inaugurated, warning that a pendemic was likely from China in the next few years. It seems to me that Fauci (NIH) and Redfield (CDC) were the two who should have prepared for such a threat and sounded the alarm for funding and preparation, if only behind closed doors to the president. As with the long delayed Covid-19 test kits as well, it is their failure, not Trump's, to push for these preparations.
I would point out also that against their advisement to leave the border open, Trump gave an order to suspend all travel from China on Jan 31st, long before the first death by Covid-19 in the U.S. had occurred.
Fauci as well was on television on virtually every network downplaying that Covid-19 was a threat to the U.S., that the annual flu was a greater threat to Americans, and as recently as March 9th advised a caller asking if he should cancel his cruiseline trip due to Covid-19, Fauci advised him not to worry and go on his cruise!

These are the "experts" who lead the NIH and CDC! These were the people advising President Trump. Ossosite of Cuomo who was sspecifically warned of specifically such a pandemic outbreak, CDC and NIH were downplaying the threat to Trump.
And yet in lying demagogue narrative, you try to blame Trump for not acting?!? Be serious.
Trump did more than his leading medical experts, and yet you (the Democrats and liberal media, who were ALSO downplaying the pandemic threat until mid-March) demonized Trump as "over-reacting" and "racist" for the steps up till then he took, way beyond what Obama, Hillary, Biden, or any other establishment Democrat or Republican would have done.
Based on that evidence, you are such a fucking liar. Trump early on put an immediate stop to 20,000 visitors a day arriving from China. If Trump did less than he could have, blame the medical experts who were running CDC and NIH since at least when Obama was president, and some of them back to Ronald Reagan, who were assuring Trump those actions and preparations were not necessary. As I just detailed above, Trump resisted their advice and did more than Obama or any of the other Dems criticizing him would have done. Period. End of argument. Absolute fact.

Trump limited travel and than said it was under control. As it spread throughout the US he kept downplaying the threat. And for over 3 years did nothing to replenish the national stockpile. Are you going to pretend he wasn’t warned that we were unprepared for a pandemic at the federal level but Cuomo at the state level was? Most Governors are showing increased popularity as many have scrambled to compensate for a disorganized and slow federal response. Trump’s is back down to his most loyal fans.

Trump takes no responsibility at all and has spent hours on camera praising himself while rambling on with partisan attacks and misinformation in the middle of a pandemic. It’s all on tape and will be part of the historical record. I don’t believe the gop is going to be able to spin it.

Fair play!