Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

Originally Posted By: M E M
Trump limited travel and than said it was under control. As it spread throughout the US he kept downplaying the threat. And for over 3 years did nothing to replenish the national stockpile. Are you going to pretend he wasn’t warned that we were unprepared for a pandemic at the federal level but Cuomo at the state level was? Most Governors are showing increased popularity as many have scrambled to compensate for a disorganized and slow federal response. Trump’s is back down to his most loyal fans.

I've seen no evidence that Trump was warned and then didn't act. The way Gov. Cuomo was clearly warned and didn't act.

I’m pretty amazed that you haven’t seen any evidence. Does it make any sense that a governor would have better intelligence and information about pandemic preparedness than the president? Nope.

What are you even babbling?

It's a fact that Gov. Cuomo was given a report by his own health department in 2015 (that I linked earlier) showing he was short several thousand ventilator machines of what was needed for specifically such an outbreak, and was urgently recommended to purchase thousands of ventilator machines for New York, particularly for New York City, the most densely populated region of the country, and aa well-known terrorist target.
Cuomo ignored the report, and actually for some reason auctioned off to an unknown buyer most of the other ventilator machines in the state's inventory. If not for Trump, New York state, already the most devastated region by Covid-19 IN THE WORLD, would have fared far worse in the last 2 months. No credit is given to Trump, who was for his effort repeatedly slandered by the governor he bailed out.

There was no such advance advisory given by NIH and CDC to President Trump. Fauci in a separate videotaped speech in Jan 2017, right before Trump was inaugurated, foresaw another pandemic outbreak occurring in the next few years, projected to be in the same category as SARS, MERS, and H1N1/Swine Flu. But this same Fauci consistently gave public assurances that Covid-19 was not a threat to the U.S., right up until March 9th !

Your babble about how "a governor would have better intelligence and information about pandemic preparedness than the president?" makes absolutely no sense.
Gov. Cuomo was given a task force report by his own state health department, specific to his state and New York City, the most densely populated city in the U.S., and one that had been the target of multiple terrorist attacks in the last 27 years.
If Trump did not receive advisories, that is a failure of the NIH and CDC, not of Trump himself. As I said, Fauci (NIH) and Redfield (CDC) were giving assurances that Covid-19 was not a threat right up through March 9th. If Trump's trusted medical experts did not see a pandemic threat to the U.S., why would you blame Trump and not them?

Originally Posted By: M E M
I’m sure I’ve posted several links to articles about how Trump really can’t truthfully say nobody could have seen this coming. Obama’s administration ran a simulation for the incoming Trump administration and they also ran one last year. Obama also had a pandemic response book that Trump didn’t follow. Supposedly because it was outdated but if it had been followed critical needed decisions would have been made much sooner.
Here’s the link..
Coronavirus Outbreak: a Cascade of Warnings Went Unheeded

There is plenty of evidence WB and it’s pretty easy to google and see it. I suspect somebody who thinks Trump proclaiming he takes no responsibility at all is great leadership isn’t going to “see” any evidence.

The New York Times is the same paper that has been caught making multiple embarassing false reports about Trump, that have been proven to be false.
Such as the story about alleged new witnesses of sexual abuses by Brett Kavanaugh. To the N Y Times' humiliation, *ALL* the "witnesses" cited in the article made public statements that they never said or witnessed the things alleged in the N Y Times article. That has happened repeatedly.
The New York Times has made it clear that they've devolved into an unreliable partisan rag that cannot be trusted to tell the truth, particularly about Trump. Their editorial leadership is rabidly anti-Trump, and their "news" reflects that. The N Y Times has become a propaganda wing like Media Matters and MoveOn.org.

When the N Y Times cannot be proven to have gotten the story wrong, they often report with "anonymous sources" that likely don't exist and are just another way to undermine and slander the president.

That N Y Times article is a perfect example of what Dr. Deborah Birx said in an interview on April 25th, that mainstream media tend to be very "slicey-dicey" with their headlines, where they give a headline that implies one thing, and several paragraphs into the article it actually says the opposite of what the headline implies, but that many don't read past the headline.
The article you linked doesn't indict Trump, it talks about pandemic preparation pretty much yearly for the last few years, and lower-level CDC/NIH preparation and concern, but that better preparation was either never pushed to higher levels for action, or was never made a priority over many years, either by presidents or by the Senate and Congress.

So ultimately... while the article may not be wrong, the way you presented it and what you implied it said, is again another lie.