Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

Originally Posted By: M E M
You like to paint this as a partisan issue WB but even Trump’s people like Dr. Fauci are not on board. I hope it does turn out to be a useful lifesaving drug to battle Covid but I don’t think we’re there yet.

That is the current narrative your side is selling.
Now that all your previous narratives were proven wrong.

I thought what Fauci said than sounded right as I do now. What was proven wrong?

There's nothing specific said here, but I'll be specific about several things Dr. Fauci (representing the NIH) has been wrong about.

All through January, February and up until March 9th, Dr. Fauci said that he didn't think Covid-19 would be a threat to the U.S., that the annual flu presented more of a threat. Fauci repeatedly said that Covid-19 was less a threat to the U.S. than the annual flu, that U.S. citizens should not change their behavior because of Covid-19, and sshould just go on with their lives as usual. He was clearly wrong.

On March 9th, appearing on CNN, Dr. Fauci took a question from a phone-in caller, a caller saying he was over 60 and had booked a cruise trip, but in light of the recent Covid-19 outbreak, he was considering cancelling his trip. Fauci advised him not to worry and go on with his cruse-ship vacation.
On March 9th!
As we've seen with multiple cruise ships less than 2 weeks after that broadcast, Fauci was clearly wrong. Cruise ships were clearly among the worst places to be during the pandemic. In some cases trapped aboard untreated for weeks.

Dr. Fauci and the NIH gave $3.7 million to the exact bio-medical research lab in Wuhan that is the source of this outbreak, for purposes of studying the exact line of bat-viruses that Covid-19 came from. It has been revealed that the Chinese and their "Bat man" doctor studying bat viruses, were actually working on how to create more virulent strains of these viruses from bats. So in effect, Dr. Fauci funded the very cause of the outbreak. Was helping fund Chinese bio-weapons for potential use against the United States.
Further, going back to 2016 and 2017, CDC doctors who visited the Wuhan bio-reseach lab reported alarmingly lax conditions at the lab, far below standards, that they warned could result in an outbreak. For example, worn-out rubber seals on refrigerators the viruses were stored in, that could result in the viruses escaping and spreading from the un-secured freezers.

Dr Fauci in January 2020 trusted the Chinese when they said the Covid-19 virus was not infectious and spread human-to-human, despite that over the last 20 years the Chinese have repeatedly proven themselves untrustworthy and secretive, in the SARS, MERS, and H1N1 and other epidemics. Fauci took the Chinese at their word, despite that the word of China has repeatedly proven worthless.

If Trump failed to act, it is because Fauci (NIH) and Redfield (CDC) as medical experts gave Trump assurances that he didn't need to act. Despite the advice to the contrary of both doctors, Trump initiated a suspension of all travel from China, 20,00 travelers a day, on Jan 31st. Trump was right, Fauci and Redfield were wrong.

Up til mid-March, anytime Trump didn't take maximum precautions, it was on the advice of Dr. Fauci. And as I said, Dr. Fauci was on television every day til March 9th offering assurances that Covid-19 would not affect the United States.

So much of what you blame Trump for, actually is blame you should put on Fauci and Redfield.

Further, as I linked earlier in an article on the delays in the test kits, it was when Trump sent outside people into the CDC and NIH to bypass the bureaucray in those departments that were holding things up that finally got mass-production of the test kits into motion.