Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
The AAPS also according to the article you linked to believes...
 Quote:
The AAPS itself is an organisation that opposes abortion and universal healthcare. Their statement of principles declares that it is “evil” and “immoral” for physicians to participate in Medicare and Medicaid. It has previously said that electronic medical records are a form of data control that was formerly employed by the East German Stasi. On its website it also a ran a story in 2008 that Presidential candidate Barack Obama may be hypnotising voters.

While the "clinical studies" or "double blind studies" haven't oficially been done, the fact remains that thousands of doctors worldwide are prescribing hysroxychloroquine with a remarkable rate of success, in this case cited as over 91% of patients recovering.
In others I've cited, thousands of doctors across 40 nations cite hydroxychloroquine as their prescribed treatment of choice for Covid-19. I've noticed a consistent pattern that ONLY in the United States is there resistance to prescribing hydroxychloroquine, and consistently among Democrat leaders who are raabidly anti-Trump, or in the above Arizona case, a Republican who attempts to distance himself from Trump for politically expedient (but spineless) reasons.

Even drugs that are FDA approved are not 100% effective, and often have side effects. An orthopedic surgeon I knew said that Aspirin is the most prescribed medicine, but ironically has the most side effects.
In the case of hydroxychloroquine, it has been FDA approved since 1955, just for other therapies than for treating Covid-19. For malaria primarily, also for lupus, and lyme disease, among other things. So it's clearly not "DANGEROUS!!" to prescribe, as Democrats and the liberal media propaagandize. As I've cited repeatedly above, side effects are extraordinarily rare, and the physicians most familiar with the drug make clear.
One of the physicians who recommends hydroxychloroquine is Dr. Didier Raoult , a renowned doctor, who runs the French equivalent of the Center For Disease Control.

[quote=M E M]Honestly I wouldn’t want anyone that belonged to that organization treating me. You continue to try to play this as a political thing but ignore what Trump’s own experts say about the drug. Even under pressure to please Trump Doctor Fauci isn’t on board. Or maybe Fauci was hypnotized by Obama?

What Dr Fauci says is that he's reluctant to fully recommend hydroxychloroquine or any other medicine before a thorough peer-reviewed study has been done. That's neither a condemnation or an endorsement on Fauci's part. Despite that hundreds of other doctors across 40 nations, and thousands of recovered patients, are testament to its effectiveness.
What this article shows is that a large organization of physicians and surgeons has submitted a peer reviewed study to the governor of Arizona.

The advantage of hydroxychloroquine is that it can treat patients early on, while they are still at home, to not end up crowding hospitals, to allow them to avoid becoming severely ill, to recover at home, without putting others at risk.
But in typical Democrat ass-backward obstruction policy, Gov. Cuomo of New York, and Gov. Whitmer of Michigan, only allow hyrdroxychloroquine to be prescribed in a hospital, preventing its being prescribed until the patient is already severely ill, and also forcing more patients to clog hospitals when with less obstructive laws, they could gain effective treatment much earlier. Likewise the Arizona governor.