More from the article you sourced...
 Quote:
... TV personality Dr Oz is included for treating people with hydroxychloroquine, reporting it improved COVID-19 symptoms in 100% of his patients. But he only tested two people. Furthermore, many in the medical field do not consider Dr Oz a trusted source due to his numerous endorsements of phony weight lose treatments or false assertions about food products. In 2015, Columbia’s University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons was pressured to fire Oz by other medical professionals.

Recently he was criticised for comments on Fox News. While discussing ending the coronavirus lockdown he said: “I tell ya, schools are a very appetising opportunity. I just saw a nice piece in The Lancet arguing the opening of schools may only cost us 2 to 3% in terms of total mortality.”

Another trial listed with 100% effectiveness was carried out on one person, 44 year old former Buffalo Bulls football player Mark Campbell. While boosting the statistics of hydoxychloroquine’s success, this can hardly be taken as representative of an average American coronavirus patient.

There are also many notable omissions and flaws with the data. It does not include fields for reporting side effects, adverse reactions, the number of COVID-19 patients seen or number treated with hydroxychloroquine with or without zinc, how many patients’ conditions improved or how many died.

In major clinical trials, hydroxychloroquine has been revealed to be life threatening in certain COVID-19 patients. In Brazil, a clinical trial was suspended after 11 patients died after taking the drug.

The Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine has said that no current study has supported the view that “hydroxychloroquine is effective in the management of even mild COVID-19 disease.” The US National Institutes of Health (NIH), on 22 April, also released treatment guidelines for the use of hydroxychloroquine in COVID-19 patients, saying it should not be used due to “potential toxicities.”

I think WB you leave a lot of important things out. I can agree with you that politics shouldn’t play a part in a drug getting used but that cuts both ways. It obviously shouldn’t be used just because Trump might look bad pushing a drug that causes more harm than good.

Fair play!