Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Again check the article you posted. Something being FDA approved doesn’t mean there is nothing to lose. At least one clinical trial was suspended after 11 patients died taking the drug. And the article covers many more issues. And the AAPS seems to have some ideas I consider pretty whacked out. Obama may be charismatic but I don’t think he has the power to hypnotize people. And Medicare being evil? For so many it’s a lifesaver.

In the cases I've seen, these were patients who were already at the edge of death and were too far gone to possibly be saved by hydroxychloroquine. And purposefully administered so late in their deterioration as Covid-19 patients, to purposefully undermine the case for hydroxychloroquine, to select cases to inject the drug past the point they could be saved, by any treatment. There is a weird conspiracy against hydroxychloroquine in the U.S., despite the consensus of the medical community, outside the United States.

It could be a corporate profit motive, pushing away from hydroxychloroquine to therapies more profitable to hospitals and pharmaceutical corporations (due to hyrdrocychloroquine being 75 years old and not patent-owned by pharamceutical corporations) or a political motivation to resist any medication favored by Trump. Or a corrupt nexus of the two.

Again, cure by remdesivir: average 11 days.
Cure by hydroxychloroquine: average 5 to 6 days.
Which makes more sense to use, when 2,000 patients a day are dying, and hydroxychloroquine has an over 91% ratio of success in over 30 nations worldwide?