Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
CEOs asked to remove masks before meeting Pence

Quote:
(WHBF) — The same day his press secretary tested positive for COVID-19, Vice President Mike Pence traveled to Iowa without a mask, and a video shows the CEOs he met with at a public roundtable were asked to remove theirs as well.

A video first posted by The Intercept shows Ron Cameron of Mountaire Farms, Ken Sullivan of Smithfield Foods, Rodney McMullen of Kroger, Noel White of Tyson Foods and Zippy Duvall, the president of the American Farm Bureau Federation, being asked to remove their masks before Pence and Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds arrived — maskless — at the roundtable

All five attending the roundtable, hosted at HyVee headquarters in West Des Moines, Iowa, complied.

I see it as Pence being of poor character if he forced people meeting with him to not wear a mask for his photo ops.

I see that as you being a relentless partisan who absolutely refuses to see the admirable qualities in our vice president, no matter what.

As compared to the loathesome opportunists of the Democrat-Bolshevik party you never hold accountable, who lie relentlessly and sow chaos and destruction for their own political benefit, and even weaponize government in Bolshevik and Maoist style against their Republican opponents, such as Barack Obama, Hillary and Bill Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Ilhan Omar, Ocasio-Cortez, Harry Reid, Joseph Biden and sons, on down.
These are vicious Democrat opportunists who constantly enrich themselves with insider trading and sell out with lobbyist insider deals (Biden and family a prime example, and the Clintons, and Reid, and Pelosi), and put the American people at risk in the process. These are people who break every law, and then bemoan the alleged immorality of their Republican opponents for saving the country from their bad decisions.

When I'm in a grocery store or even outside in an area where I might have other people come closer to me than I think is safe, I wear a mask.
When I'm outside in the afternoon taking a walk and no one for an hour or more is within 50 or 100 feet of me, I don't.
In the case of Vice President Pence, or President Trump himself, everyone around them is tested, and they themselves are tested at least daily. Anyone who approches them has their temperature taken and is questioned. In those extremely controlled circumstances, I don't have a problem with Pence not wearing a mask, or even those around them.