Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I think a key difference between us WB is I don’t see your side wanting people to die where you are at least willing to accuse that in general onto democrats. I think your governor has been lucky so far imho. You had packed beaches when he knew there was a highly contagious virus.

You could allege that of any region with low cases. But the fact is, Florida governor Ron Desantis did targeted protection of the elderly and nursing homes, and targeted shut-downs of areas with the most Covid-19 cases. Which unfortunately included Palm Beach County where I live.
Contrast that with the lack of concern for the elderly in Democrat-governed NY, NJ, PA, MI, CT, MA, RI and CA. Interesting how 70% of those who have died of Covid-19 have been in Blue states. Perhaps you should give some credit to Republican governors.

Despite the low infection rates and casualties, Desantis gets very negative coverage from the local propaganda newspapers the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, Palm Beach Post, and Miami Herald. As if he did nothing right! I don't know of any other state that had a similar targeted approach of shutting dowwn only the most impacted areas. And again, virtually all the cases in Florida originated from an exodus of infected people spreading it from the New York area.

I remember seeing a lot of packed open beaches for spring break at a time Desantis certainly knew Coronavirus was highly contagious. I think that makes it clear he chose that over public safety. That doesn’t deserve praise imho.

Regarding the allegation that I see the Democrat side "wanting people to die ", that's a lie, I never said that.

Sorry I skimmed the thread and you put it more as Dems wishing coronavirus and recession on the country. Not a big difference imho but I do recognize I misstated what you said unintentionally.

However, I do see your side wanting to exploit the crisis to damage the economy in an effort to prevent Trump from getting re-elected in Nov 2020.
Why do I see it that way? Because your side has plainly stated that as a desire of theirs, to hurt Trump economically, even before the Covid-19 crisis began. PERIOD. From Bill Maher and Paul Krugman and Michael Moore and Robby Mook on down. That's just an absolute fact.

Why am I further suspicious of your party's malicious wishes to wreck the economy? Because I've seen the increasingly vicious Bolshevik abuse of power.

It began with George Soros taking control of the Democrat party in 2004 (read the book The Shadow Party (2006) by David Horowwitz and Richard Poe). The Democrat Party/news media collaboration to destroy the Republicans at that time, a prime example being the Dan Rather fraudulent story about a faked letter from George W. Bush's commanding oficer in the Texas National Guard, that cost Dan Rather his job when conservative bloggers (NOT ANYONE IN THE MAINSTREAM LIBERAL MEDIA) exposed the truth, that the letter was faked. And Rather was fired.

In 2006, the Democrat Party and liberal media unleashed an October surprise on the Republicans with the Rep. Mark Foley story, that much later was revealed the reporters sat on for at least a year, to unleash on Republicans right before the election, allowing no GOP recovery time. That's how Dems won the House and Senate. The "culture of corruption"was a narrative Dems aimed at Republicans, but it is Democrats who were that year and every year the TRUE culture of corruption.

In 2008 the Democrats and news media again worked in unison against the Republicans to elect Obama, blaming the economic collapse on Republicans, despite that, though both had a hand in the collapse, as liberal journalist Naomi Wolfe said on C-SPAN, "both had a hand in it, but if one were intellectually honest, the Democrats had primary blame for the collapse". But they sold a narrative that crippled Republicans in the 2008 election.

In between, Democrats, including Barack Obama, did everything they could to badmouth the U.S. military and undermine the possibility of victory in Iraq. Even Pelosi trying to de-fund our troops on the battlefield in Iraq.
Conversely, W. Bush and McCain were commited to Iraq victory regardless of the cost to their own popularity, and they pushed a troop surge in Iraq that turned the tide, right around the time Obama was inaugurated.
Then incredibly, Obama, who vociferously tried to obstruct every move to bring about that surge and victory, boasted of it as his victory in Iraq when he became president! A victory IN SPITE of his presidency, not because of it!

Then the weaponization of the IRS through Koskinin and Lois Lerner in the 2010-2012 period.

Also Fast and Furious, where ATF under Obama deliberately sold guns to Mexican drug cartels, that resulted in the murder of a U.AS. Border Patrol agent, and dozens of Mexican citizens. The Obama administration had intended "Fast and Furious" as a ruse to blame American gun retailers as a rationalization to shut down 2nd Amendment rights, but it blew up in Obama's face.

Journo-List, another collaboration between the liberal media and the Democrat party.

The personal attacks on Sarah Palin and her family, particularly vicious the Democrats' and the liberal media's attacks on her teenage daughters.

The vicious tactics by Dems and the liberal media in the 2012 election, portraying Romney as a racist white supremacist, attacking his religion, his whiteness and his wealth. The liberal media bias particularly on display with presidential debate moderators Candy Crowly and Martha Raddatz, who acted more as co-debators siding with Obama and Biden than as moderators, and Crowly who propagandized false facts that CNN only corrected quietly days after the debate later when no one was watching. Most of the public never saw the true, corrected facts, just what was propagandized in the prime-time debate.

It was after the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections that I came to the conclusion that there is absolutely no compromising with the Democrats, no possibility of bipartisan compromise with the Democrats. In McCain and Romney, Republicans offered the two most moderate, bipartisan and milquetoast Republicans they could possibly offer, and yet both were demonized as right wing, nazi, racist, white supremacist, crazy.
That was the proof that no matter who Republicans offer in any future election, they will be unfairly demonized. Likewise, George W. Bush in 2000 was a very bipartisan Texas governor, who as president gave the Democrats a ton of legislation they wanted in big government spending in a gesture of bipartisanship, and even he was viciously slandered and demonized by Democrats as nazi, racist, etc.

And then ultimately, 2016, where the Obama administration weaponized the FBI, DOJ, and virtually every federal agency against Trump's election, and then against Trump's inaugurated administration. This is by far the worst political scandal and threat to our constitutional republic in American history.
As one example, there were 39 separate Obama officials From Dec 2016-Jan 2017 who requested unmasking of Michael Flynn in FISA surveillance transcripts: Susan Rice, James Comey, Sally Yates. 6 requests by Jack Lew in the treasury Department! Susan Power, the U.N. ambassador! Joseph Biden!
The Democrat party wanted to usurp an elected president and throw innocent men in jail, just to remove Trump. There are already extensive documents that show Obama himself was orchestrating this effort, with plenty more documents and transcripts pending release. And in a just world where this is prosecuted, Obama and those around him should go to jail for their crimes. Crimes!
Biden as well was in that Jan 5 2017 meeting, physically if not mentally, and Biden himself was one of those 39 requesting Flynn's FISA surveillance unmasking.

So... you ask if I suspect the Democrat party of using any ruthless means to remove Trump to win an election.
Yes.
FUCK YES!
There is absolute proof and at least a 20-year history of Democrats using these kind of increasingly ruthless tactics, whatever will give them power.

And likewise, every conservative critic in the Clinton years was annually audited by a Clinton-weaponized IRS.
Likeise under LBJ.
And JFK.
Likewise under FDR. Read the book on FDR, New Deal or Raw Deal, by Burton Folsom, Jr. FDR pioneered using federal funds to buy political districts. Beyond his other authoritarian abuses of power. He also tried using his presidential power to frame, imprison, and completely destroy the lives of his political opponents and critics.
And going back to Woodrow Wilson, Wilson also used government powers to silence critics, make arrests of opponents, and to harass and shut down newspapers critical of him.

So yes. I believe that, based on the absolute facts. Your party is evil to the core.

Interesting that just today I see Trump going after Twitter because it dared to fact check him while he’s got his toady at the justice department investigating something legal like unmasking. Something like lying to the FBI, a federal crime though isn’t worth pursuing. And that’s just today. I think true greatness is hard to destroy and FDR is certainly that. Social Security to this day allow more seniors to enjoy retirement instead of dying in poverty. That’s just one of the things FDR was able to accomplish that republicans hate him for. Evil is not wanting people to get off a cruise ship because it will make the official number go up. And it’s all on tape WB. After we’re all long dead history will see Trump’s “greatness” for itself.

Fair play!