Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
That are the protesters are being bus to other cities. They’re actually rioting in places like Rochester and Syracuse New York

My parents are staying in a hotel in Syracuse right now. Supposedly far away from the riots. I have to go get them. I may be taking my trusty pals Smith and Wesson

Hope you and your parents get safe. My folks live in the sticks so I didn’t have to worry about them for this. Last night was a relief seeing order restored as most protesters seemed to have obeyed the curfew and went home instead of giving cover for those that wanted to commit arson, loot and riot. I hope the feds and state can track down as many of those that were organizing and participating in that.

One positive thing that’s happened is that these neighborhoods that have been hit are coming out the next day cleaning up debris and trying to resume normalcy with people from neighboring areas coming in to help. Hopefully they won’t have to do that all tomorrow.

I'll concede at this point that even on Fox and OAN, the field reporters are saying that the majority of protestors the last week have been peaceful, but that a significant minority of leftists like Antifa and Black Lives Matter are trying to escalate things and exploit the chaos for looting, arson and to stoke anger and division.

There were 500 arrests in cities nationwide Friday.
And 1400 arrests Saturday, before the national guard troops were deployed.
And frustratingly, in many cities, while these violent protesters are being arrested, because of the Coronavirus crisis, many cities are not imprisoning these criminals, so they'll be right back on the streets to stir things up the next day.

But again, if not for President Trump demanding action (after a week of inaction by local Democrat authorities nationwide) and Trump deploying National Guard, there would not be a deterrant and stop to looting and arson and attacks on police now. Local authorities have neglected their primary duty, to protect their citizens. The National Guard being called out is what should have occurred at least 5 or 6 days ago, when the first stores were broken into, looted and burned. And before 170 businesses the next night were looted and burned the next night in Minneapolis alone.
I'm still in disbelief that the Minneapolis mayor ordered the 3rd district police station to be abandoned to protestors, and then allowing it to be burned to the ground.