Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
A word from a President that was actually elected by the people...

Obama’s statement on George Floyd
 Quote:
Former President Barack Obama says he shares the "anguish" that many feel about George Floyd, a black man who died in police custody in Minnesota.

Floyd's death has sparked days of protests in Minneapolis. President Trump blamed the unrest on "thugs" in a tweet that was later hidden by Twitter for "glorifying violence."

Read Obama's full statement below, including a reference to a viral video of a song by Keedron Bryant, who pleads, "I just want to live, God protect me."

I want to share parts of the conversations I've had with friends over the past couple days about the footage of George Floyd dying face down on the street under the knee of a police officer in Minnesota.

The first is an email from a middle-aged African American businessman.

"Dude I gotta tell you the George Floyd incident in Minnesota hurt. I cried when I saw that video. It broke me down. The 'knee on the neck' is a metaphor for how the system so cavalierly holds black folks down, ignoring the cries for help. People don't care. Truly tragic."

Another friend of mine used the powerful song that went viral from 12-year-old Keedron Bryant to describe the frustrations he was feeling.

The circumstances of my friend and Keedron may be different, but their anguish is the same. It's shared by me and millions of others.

It's natural to wish for life "to just get back to normal" as a pandemic and economic crisis upend everything around us. But we have to remember that for millions of Americans, being treated differently on account of race is tragically, painfully, maddeningly "normal" — whether it's while dealing with the health care system, or interacting with the criminal justice system, or jogging down the street, or just watching birds in a park.

This shouldn't be "normal" in 2020 America. It can't be "normal." If we want our children to grow up in a nation that lives up to its highest ideals, we can and must be better.

It will fall mainly on the officials of Minnesota to ensure that the circumstances surrounding George Floyd's death are investigated thoroughly and that justice is ultimately done. But it falls on all of us, regardless of our race or station — including the majority of men and women in law enforcement who take pride in doing their tough job the right way, every day — to work together to create a "new normal" in which the legacy of bigotry and unequal treatment no longer infects our institutions or our hearts.

A lesser man re-tweeted “the only good democrat is a dead one” yesterday. I miss having a real leader in office that actually has values I recognize.

Barack Obama is a cultural marxist radical. That is not a conspiracy theory, not a slander or presumption or an allegation, that is an absolute fact.
http://www.discoverthenetworks.com/summary.asp?object=Persons&category=
(see the listings for Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Valerie Jarrett, Anita Dunn, Mark Lloyd, Ron Bloom, Hillary Clinton, Huma Abedin, Bill Ayers, Jeff Jones, Frank Marshall Davis, or any others connected to Obama, it's all documented, both by Obama's own statements, and in the shared ideology of those closest to him.)

As I've said repeatedly, and with Obama's own writings and public statements to back it up, Obama's guiding ideology is 1) Cultural Marxism, 2) Anti-colonialism, and 3) Liberation Theology. None of those beliefs are pro-American. During Obama's 8 years, and still ongoing, Obama undermined and inflamed at every turn racial division and class warfare.

When a black racist college professor was arrested by police when he was caught breaking into his own home and verbally abused police causing his own arrest, with no familiarity with the facts, then-President Obama said "The police acted stupidly..." and undermined police authirity. It was in fact the black college professor who acted stupidly, and with a little politeness, and just showing identification, could have prevented his own arrest.

When Trayvon Martin was killed after initiating an attack on George Zimmerman and almost beating him to death before Zimmerman pulled his gun and shot Trayvon, as observed by two witnesses, Obama again threw racial kerosine on the fire and said "If I had a son, he would have looked like Trayvon", again stoking and inflaming racial identity politics.

I could further cite *ANY* poll taken during taken during Obama's 8 years and after, even by the most liberal pro-Democrat pollsters, that show race relations overwhelmingly declined as a direct result of Obama's presidency.
As historian Thomas Sowell said a few years into the Obamaa presidency, Obama was elected as a perceived moderate, but governed as a divisive radical. That Obama, rather than promoting racial unity, implemented a "revenge payback society" where his Department of Justice would only prosecute cases where the victims were black or hispanic, would not even consider prosecuting cases where whites were the victims of racial discrimination. And Obama's DOJ sabotaged even the most blatant and easily prosecutable cases of whites victimized, such as the Black Panther voter intimidation case. Causing multiple career U.S. attorneys to protest, go public with the discrimination, and finally resign. A clear abandonment by DOJ of equal protection under the law.

The same corrupt partisan abuse of power that ran through virtually every branch of federal power in the Obama years:
* the "Fast and Furious" selling of illegal guns by Obama's ATF to Mexican drug cartels in an attempt to blame U.S. guin retailers and shut down 2nd Amendment rights in the U.S.,
* the weaponization of the IRS against Tea Party and religious conservative groups by the IRS under Koskinin and Lois Lerner that worked in direct coordination with the Obama White House in over 150 white house meetings,
and
* ultimately, the illegal FISA warrants, spying and otherwwise targeting of the Trump campaign and incoming Trump administration by FBI DOJ, DNI, and CIA, that has continued for 4 years now.

I sure as hell don't miss having Obama as president. Obama was anything but a "real leader".
He was aa "real leader" in the same mode as Josef Stalin or Fidel Castro or Hugo Chaves. He failed to make the power grabs he attempted because of men who are "real leaders". Obama did damage to our trust in federal agencies and elected leaders that will take decades to repair.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.