Michael Dukaakis was shown in polls to have a 16-point lead. But in Nov 1988 he lost to G H W Bush in a landslide defeat.

As I posted in the election fraud topic, Democrat pollsters rig the polls by over-sampling the poll with 15% more Democrats than their actual ratio of the population. In the two weeks or so right before an election, where the pollsters' reputation will be destroyed if they are not more accurate, they start polling a more accurate population sampling, resulting in a "tightening" in the polls, that is actually accurate for the first time in many months.

No one actually believes Biden is ahead.
30% of his own Democrat base wants him replaced by another candidate. He has a 50-year history of corruption from corporate campaign donors, as do also his brother, and his crack-smoking son Hunter Biden, payoffs in Ukraine, in China, and back to Hunter Biden's time as a board member for MBNA and Amtrak in Delaware (who just happen to be among the largest donors to then-Senator Joe Biden).

You can read more on Biden's long history as a Washington swamp creature in Michelle Malkin's Culture of Corruption book. Almost the entire first chapter is about Biden and his family. And that was just about his corrupt activities from 1970-2009, *before* his corrupt actions as vice president.
Although at this point with clear mental deterioration, he can barely finish a sentence.

#JoeChina !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4VH2JjWDnk

Add to that his gaffs and racism:

"Poor kids who are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

"If you support Trump instead of mee then you're not black."
"Kids play with the hair on my legs."

"I love kids jumping on my lap."

Corn Pop, the poolside bad dude!

"My name is Joe Biden, and I'm running for the United States Senate" (he said this in 2019!!)

And that's just for openers.
Does anyone seriously think this jerk is a threat to Donald Trump in November?