Nobody outside of the Trump circle would say Barr’s reputation is spotless. Trump publicly cried about Sessions not being his wingman. He stopped crying when he installed Barr. And now Barr can’t even talk about the white supremacy angle with these protests. As I’ve cited, white supremacy groups have been involved with some of the more violent parts of the protests. While he’s been very vocal about Antifa it’s crickets for white supremacy. You can imagine when he says “other groups “ that’s who he’s including. The Daily Beast article I linked to above shows that all the initial charges so far are not Antifa but do include white supremacy groups. Barr so far hasn’t provided any evidence to back his claims against Antifa and seems intent on misrepresenting what Antifa actually is. As I understand it Antifa is anyone who is anti fascist. There are some groups but it’s not one group with a set of rules or dues. I saw one article comparing it to a group like bird watchers. Some groups but lots of people who consider themselves bird watchers don’t belong to an official group. From what I’ve seen of Barr’s comments he’s pushing to blame Antifa for political purposes while downplaying white supremacy groups in all this.

Fair play!