So I started this thread and really didn’t comment on what generated the whole thing. The video of the cop kneeling on Floyd killing him while other cops let it happen has now exploded into protests around the world. Initially I figured this would die down but instead it’s now the people demanding change in numbers that can’t be ignored. Really sad that it was Minneapolis that was the spark as I want to think we’re better. As a community we’re not. I had a friend who grew up in Jamaica and lived in the south before settling up north with her husband here explain that we’re more polite and that just makes it harder to know where she stood with people. And it’s true. So many times I’ve heard people being racist when they thought it was safe and than turn around and be super nice to a black person. That’s not everyone or most people even but it’s there. And on a larger scale it’s everyone going along with it looking the other way. This time though that didn’t happen. To many people I think are demanding change and it doesn’t look like they’re going to stop.

Fair play!