Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Nobody outside of the Trump circle would say Barr’s reputation is spotless. Trump publicly cried about Sessions not being his wingman. He stopped crying when he installed Barr. And now Barr can’t even talk about the white supremacy angle with these protests. As I’ve cited, white supremacy groups have been involved with some of the more violent parts of the protests. While he’s been very vocal about Antifa it’s crickets for white supremacy. You can imagine when he says “other groups “ that’s who he’s including. The Daily Beast article I linked to above shows that all the initial charges so far are not Antifa but do include white supremacy groups. Barr so far hasn’t provided any evidence to back his claims against Antifa and seems intent on misrepresenting what Antifa actually is. As I understand it Antifa is anyone who is anti fascist. There are some groups but it’s not one group with a set of rules or dues. I saw one article comparing it to a group like bird watchers. Some groups but lots of people who consider themselves bird watchers don’t belong to an official group. From what I’ve seen of Barr’s comments he’s pushing to blame Antifa for political purposes while downplaying white supremacy groups in all this.

No. Trump was angry that Jeff Sessions for no real reason recused himself from the greatest political scandal in U.S. history. And in doing so, threw Trump to the wolves, and subjected the nation to 3 years of investigation, that Rosenstein himself says in retrospect (a few day ago in Senate hearingss) had absolutely no basis.

*AND** Sessions left assistant attorney general Rod Rosenstein in charge of the investigation as the de facto head of DOJ. Who based on illegal FISA warrants, a falsified Hillary Clinton/DNC-funded "Russia Dossier" created by Fusion GPS and a discredited Christopher Steele, and FBI records leaked by James Comey, Rosenstein appointed a Mueller special investigation that never should have been appointed.
And all the people involved in that false investigation, including Rosenstein himself, should be IN JAIL for all the laws they broke, in staging a coup against the Trump campaign, and then renewed the FISA warrant 3 times (based on false evidence) to spy on the incoming Trump administration.
And despite the Mueller team knowing by March 2017 at the latest there was no case against Trump or any of his officials, Mueller prolonged the investigation until May 2019 in order to help the Democrats win the Senate in the Nov 2018 election.

In the very best scenario, Rod Rosenstein was incompetent and just signed off without investigating the FISA warrant evidence, as it was his job to. He signed off on investigating a presidential candiddate and president and didn't even look at the evidence! That strains credibility. Especiually when this same Rosenstein was deep-state colleague of Mueller, Comey and the rest, and openly discussed "wearing a wire" to record President Trump in a ploy to remove him by invoking the 25th amendment. Oh, but he was joking of course. But both James Baker and a second anonymous source say Rosenstein wasn't joking, that he was dead serious and no one present was laughing.