Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
So I started this thread and really didn’t comment on what generated the whole thing. The video of the cop kneeling on Floyd killing him while other cops let it happen has now exploded into protests around the world.

I don't believe those worldwide protests just occurred spontaneously. They are orchestrated by the Soros-funded Left, and by groups like Antifa. They are more about trying to de-stabilize the West and the United States in particular, as are the eternal goals of the Soros-funded Left.

And by the way, NO ONE, not Trump, not Republican conservatives, not even the police nationwide, dispute that George Floyd's death was an abuse of police power and should never have happened, and is an embarassment and outrage to police everywhere. Even going back to the 1991 Rodney King beating in L.A., I spoke to police officers who told me that incident was an embarassment to them, that even with a giant like Rodney King, four officers should have easily been able to wrestle him to the ground, handcuff him, and put him in the squad car for arrest and processing, and that should have been the end of it.
No matter how angry or defiant a suspect is, officers themselves have told me it's not their right to administer punishment or payback. That their job is only to remain professional, arrest them and put them in a jail cell.

Originally Posted By: M E M

Initially I figured this would die down but instead it’s now the people demanding change in numbers that can’t be ignored.

Again, orchestrated. Another case of the Left "not letting a crisis go to waste."

In cities nationwide, there have been drop-off stashes of unloaded pallettes of bricks and incendiaries for Antifa types to inflict maximum chaos, and manipulate other protestors into violence and looting.
Do you really think all that just happened spontaneously?!?

Originally Posted By: M E M
Really sad that it was Minneapolis that was the spark as I want to think we’re better. As a community we’re not. I had a friend who grew up in Jamaica and lived in the south before settling up north with her husband here explain that we’re more polite and that just makes it harder to know where she stood with people. And it’s true. So many times I’ve heard people being racist when they thought it was safe and than turn around and be super nice to a black person. That’s not everyone or most people even but it’s there. And on a larger scale it’s everyone going along with it looking the other way. This time though that didn’t happen. To many people I think are demanding change and it doesn’t look like they’re going to stop.

Respectfully, Minneapolis is a hub of the far-Left. Yours is the district of Rep. Ilhan Omar, a rabidly Anti-American leftist radical who never misses an opportunity to attack the United States.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilhan_Omar

Minneapolis' president (i.e., mayor) and city council are likewise completely made up of far-Left radicals. Their ideology made the city a puddle of kerosine just waiting for a match.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneapolis_City_Council

And this incident provided the spark.