Further, let me emphasis:

Pending further investigation, there is no evidence this incident is about race. It is about a police officer abusing his authority to injure or kill a suspect in custody.

And I would compare it to the Rodney King incident. Where the four officers involved in the beating were exonerated by a jury, but Rodney King sued and got a settlement of several million dollars in compensation from the city of Los Angeles for police brutality.

Compare that with another case in West Palm Beach that happened at the same time as the Rodney King beating, where a white male in his 40's named Robert Jewett was pulled over by two white police officers in November 1990, for no clear reason, and despite no previous criminal record or arrests of the suspect, Robert Jewett was beaten to death by the two white officers.
Similarly to the Rodney King beating, there was a trial of the two officers, who were exonerated. In Jewell's case, there was no compensation for his surviving family, no price paid.

Another incident I can think of is where a few years ago a black Salt Lake City police officer shot and killed a white 20-year-old male, who likewise had no record and committed no crime. But the black officer was not prosecuted and the charges just quietly went away.
It is infuriating and total bullshit to say: If George Floyd were white, he would not have been killed. As is the narrative of protestors and Demcorat leaders now.
It's not about race, it's about police abusing their authority and going unpunished.

The true issue here is police abusing their authority and hurting people, and getting away with it because a jury doesn't want to believe they would abuse their authority. As can happen with doctors, nurses, stock brokers, real estate agents, or any other profession.
But the Left has chosen to racialize it, and exploit the crisis to the maximum.

As I've only seen in the last 24 hours, Derek Chauvin was apparently a supervising officer, and the 3 officers with him were rookies in training. So they may have been intimidated as new and inexperienced officers to not criticize a superior and more experienced officer, who they trusted to know what he was doing. In no way do I endorse what Chaauvin did or think he was right to do what he did. It could have been racially motivated. And the other officers could be more responsibility than it first appears. My initial impression is that Chauvan should go to jail, and the other officers should at least be fired, if not face lesser charges. But again, I would like to see the evidence of a full investigation laid out rather than a rush to judgement to appease angry mobs.