You have to really strain to find it, but Rayshard Brooks was a criminal thug with a long rap sheet, including beating and terrorizing his own wife and children. He was on parole for domestic violence against his family, and the DUI arrest would have put him right back in jail for a long time.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/998770/rayshard-brooks-criminal-history-probation-atlanta/

Quote:
Does Rayshard Brooks have a criminal history?

Brooks had previously been convicted of False Imprisonment, Simple Battery/Family, Battery Simple and Felony Cruelty/Cruelty to Children, the Daily Mail reported.
He had reportedly pleaded guilty to charges dating back to August 2014.
The dad-of-four was sentenced to one year in prison and six on probation for one count, and 12 months for each of the three other counts.

After a revised sentencing, he was sent back to prison in July 2016.
In December 2019, a warrant was issued for his arrest, which was revoked a month later.

Was Rayshard Brooks on probation the night he was shot?

Reports indicate Brooks was on probation the night of his death.
Documents cited by the Mail indicate Brooks would have been jailed if he was arrested for a DUI.

The sobriety test Rolfe and Brosnan administered registered Brooks' blood-alcohol level at .108 percent.
The legal limit is .08.
An autopsy by the Fulton County Medical Examiner ruled Brooks' death a homicide.

So often, I have to find the facts in a British paper, because the American media just won't report the facts. And not just the liberal media, but Fox News as well is, I guess, too afraid of being labelled "racist" or "white supremacist" if they just report the facts.

From the Youtube comments on today's (Wed, 6-17-2020) episode of The Five...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKELICbLuU4

...this one comment summed it up quite succinctly:
 Originally Posted By: Felonious Skunk
[quoting Juan Williams' commentary on the show of misguided sympathy for the guy who resisted arrest, punched out 2 cops, stole one's taser and tried to use it on the other cop when shot:]
"How do you find justice for 3 little girls who will never see their father again..."
Seems to me we just found justice for this little girl. This "loving father" was convicted of beating her and her brothers/sisters and mother. Also, of KIDNAPPING them. Drug sales. Drug use. A host of other charges as well. this little girl is now SAFE from her father for the rest of her life. Seems like justice to me.

"Tamika Miller is a mother, a daughter, and another human being just like you."
Yeah, and it seems she understands that while she testified against this guy to put him away where he couldn't further risk her or her daughter's lives, she has just won the "Ghetto Lottery" - all she has to do is rehabilitate this guy in the eyes of the public and a jury. This is utter bullshit.