Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Florida reports 10,360 new Covid-19 cases and 95 deaths

WB this doesn’t make me happy. I think this takes us uniting as a country to fight it and we’re just not going to do it.

Again, these are mostly people infected who are 35 and younger who are infected nationwide, and as Gov. Desantis said himself, the average of Florida is age 21. They are from :
1) young people thinking they are immune and not wearing masks and social distancing,
2) primarily young people going to crowded bars and beaches, which have recently been closed in affected areas
3) illegal immigrants who were infected outside the U.S., and are creating new cluster outbreaks here in the U.S.
and
4) large crowds of people in the streets statewide protesting/rioting in cities throughout Florida.

It's my hope that those who weren't taking precautions with a mask and social distancing (in Florida and elsewhere) have learned their lesson, and are now complying more. And if that is the case, the spike in cases should be going down again in the next 2 weeks.

Just as in Australia, France, Spain, Italy, Holland, Belgium, South Korea and other nations worldwide, even those countries that have taken the greatest precautions have seen resurgent periodic outbreaks.
And currently, the deaths in the U.S. are down 90% from what they were 10 weeks ago, and despite occasional resurgences, have been on a continuous downward trend.

A frustration for me, that I've contacted the Palm Beach County health department about, is that they only display the cumulative total cases, whereas a vast percentage of those cases are recovered, and no longer active. I would like them to cite the number of active cases, and the cumulative number of recoveries.
As of today, Palm Beach County, with a population of about 1.5 million people, has a total of 19,233 reported cases, 2,001 hospitalizations, and 586 deaths. But again, many of those total reported cases and hospitalizations are no longer active. And with the average age much lower, the number and rate of deaths is far lower.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_Florida