I was never impressed. Just another intolerant liberal, exacerbating rather than healing.

I'm watching Fox News, with Vice President Pence and others saying "Ohh, such a great colleague, even when we disagreed, he'll be missed..."

This, of a guy who was a hyperpartisan, and part of the cancel-culture Democrat hit squad.

I'll forever remember him by this:

Quote:
In a January 2016 interview, Lewis compared Donald Trump, then the Republican front-runner, to former Governor George Wallace. "I've been around a while and Trump reminds me so much of a lot of the things that George Wallace said and did. I think demagogues are pretty dangerous, really... We shouldn't divide people, we shouldn't separate people."[105]

On January 13, 2017, during an interview with NBC's Chuck Todd for Meet the Press, Lewis stated: "I don't see the president-elect as a legitimate president."[106] He added, "I think the Russians participated in having this man get elected, and they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton. I don't plan to attend the Inauguration. I think there was a conspiracy on the part of the Russians, and others, that helped him get elected. That's not right. That's not fair. That's not the open, democratic process."[107] Trump replied on Twitter the following day, suggesting that Lewis should "spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to [...] mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results," and accusing Lewis of being "All talk, talk, talk – no action or results. Sad!"[108] Trump's statement about Lewis' district was rated as "Mostly False" by PolitiFact,[109] and he was criticized for attacking a civil rights leader such as John Lewis, especially one who was brutally beaten for the cause, and especially on Martin Luther King weekend.[110][111][112] Senator John McCain acknowledged Lewis as "an American hero" but criticized him, saying: "this is not the first time that Congressman Lewis has taken a very extreme stand and condemned without any shred of evidence for doing so an incoming president of the United States. This is a stain on Congressman Lewis' reputation – no one else’s."[113] The New York Post noted that Lewis used the "same unfounded, cookie-cutter personal attacks against Republican after Republican".[114]

A few days later, Lewis said that he would not attend Trump's inauguration because he did not believe that Trump was the true elected president. "It will be the first (inauguration) that I miss since I've been in Congress. You cannot be at home with something that you feel that is wrong, is not right," he said. Lewis had failed to attend George W. Bush's inauguration in 2001 because he believed that he too was not a legitimately elected president. Lewis' statement was rated as "Pants on Fire" by PolitiFact.[115][116][117]

Yeah, what a great guy, what a peacemaker and uniter...

Part of the Democrat-Bolshevik mob is more like it.