Originally Posted By: the G-man
Devastation: Warner Media & DC Staff Getting Laid Off Today

I guess catering exclusively to LGTB, SJW and BLM wasn’t a valid business plan for a superhero publisher whose core characters were inherently conservative.

And, MEM, notice I said “exclusively.” [url=http://][/url]

Wow!

Quote:
WarnerMedia is planning to lay off at least 800 staffers at its Warner Bros. and HBO operations as part of a restructuring plan that is being put in place by the Warner Media’s CEO, Jason Kilar. Layoffs are expected to start with around 650 people today, with HBO letting go of between 150 and 175 staffers. This is a far bigger layoff than the 3% DC laid off a year and a half ago.

Today, DC Comics staff were told via memo that they are being laid off, and their positions will be eliminated in December. Here’s that memo in full.

• BLA BLA BLA, teamwork, mission, we're all missionaries, a great opportunity to shape the future, you're all being laid off but I still have a job and a raise, BLA BLA BLA, etc., etc.

Those are some major numbers, cumulatively approaaching a thousand. I'm not clear, but it sounds like... they're completely shutting down DC's offices and comics publishing?