Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
The unemployment rate is over 10 percent WB. It was much lower when Obama left office. As was the deficit. I think it’s also evident that civil unrest is also way up under Trump. As for Trump’s continued failed leadership on coronavirus, polling tells you people outside of Trump’s loyalists are not buying it. “I take no responsibility “ isn’t inspiring leadership.

You know why, M E M, and yet you lyingly shave the facts to present it as if Trump somehow tanked the economy.
The fact is, there is a global pandemic that has ravaged 189 nations worldwide, and of those, the U.S. led by Trump has fared better than all but Germany, by the measure of the deaths as a ratio of population.
Further, investment is pouring into the U.S. during this crisis, rather than Europe or China, which would indicate the smart investors see the U.S. under Trump's leadership best positioning itself for recovery and resurgent growth. The DOW just closed at 27,976 today, again showing investor confidence in the U.S., and just 1,500 points below its all-time high in February, right before the pandemic hit the U.S. and the rest of the world.

The entire world, every nation, is deficit-spending to care for its citizens through the pandemic. And while you bemoan Trump's deficit, the Democrats want to spend 3 times as much!
For all the partisan Democrat noise and complicit liberal-media trying to tear it down, the country is resurgent. Even the nations that initially had the best Covid-19 response have had setbacks and new cluster outbreaks.
In the news just today, South Korea, Japan, Australia and New Zealand, and behind a wall of secrecy China and North Korea as well. There are new outbreaks in Europe. And I've seen Latin America described as the area that has the greatest surge of new cases and as (I hate the term, but there it is) the "new epicenter of the outbreak."

So, with those quantifiable facts, Trump is handling the outbreak far better than you've given him credit for. When president Bolsonaro of Brazil had Covid-19, he contacted Trump and secured hydroxychloroquine from Trump-recommended U.S. doctors to treat it. You know, that medicine your side says is "DANGEROUS!!!" and doesn't work? That cured Bolsonaro in about 2 to 3 weeks, and prevented him from needing hospitalization.

Hydroxychloroquine. That at least a dozen nations hand out to their citizens for free, that caused a sharp decline in cases in those nations, relative to the nations that didn't. That doctors polled in 30 nations including France (and the French CDC) prescribe as their Covid-19 treatment of choice, despite the Democrat/liberal-media propaganda that it doesn't work. If it is prescribed in the first 48 hours, and often even later, it absolutely does work.
But the Democrat/Liberal-media industrial complex sells the narrative that hydroxychloroqine is "DANGEROUS!!", simply because Trump suggested it as a possible treatment.
Hydroxychloroquine has existed since 1944, and has been FDA-approved since 1955, and has been prescribed to tens of millions in the U.S. and worldwide to treat Malaria, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Lyme Disease , but when it is prescribed for Covid-19 it suddenly becomes "DANGEROUS!!"? Please, be serious.
Third-world nations where hydroxychloroquine was widely taken as a preventive from Malaria have inadvertantly seen much smaller outbreaks, because much of the populations there still have hydroxy remaining in their blood, to protect them.

One I love is Chris Cuomo on CNN, who rails on hydroxychloroquine as dangerous, and yet HE HIMSELF took it when he was sick with Covid-19. Cuomo is a jerk who, while contagious with Covid-19, walked around a crowded park N Y city park while infectious to others with Covid. And when a guy who had seen Cuomo on CNN bemoaning his alleged lockdown at home with Covid, told Cuomo he shouldn't be outside around other people, Cuomo had a hissy fit and threatened confrontation with the guy. Someone recorded the incident on a cel-phone video, that you can watch on Youtube. And Tucker Carlson interviewed the guy a day later about it.

All of which shows the utter failure and hypocrisy of the Democrat/Left/liberal-media, as they try vainly to demonize Trump. That may work on CNN and other liberal networks where they can selectively omit the true facts and shave the narrative, but in the age of the internet, there is plenty of evidence that Fox, OAN, Washington Journal, Wall Street Journal, New York Post and other conservative media are exposing, telling the truth, and that it's Democrats and the liberal media who are lying and not reporting the true facts.

But with the selective omission on CNN of the true facts and the true statistics, I can see how you'd be confused.