Originally Posted by Matter-eater Man
This was a relief to see some justice and accountability. And no it’s not over but hopefully the start of reforms in the police department so there are less deaths and police brutality going forward. Instead of the huge payouts for when cops kill someone like this I would prefer prevent the killing and invest the money for more cops with better training that know they will be held accountable.

Except it wasn't an exercise of free will. It was a jury that had a gun to their heads and were told to rule this way, or their city and perhaps their own homes would be burned.

More than that, CNN and MSNBC, without naming the jurors directly, gave race and age descriptions and a lot of personal details of their families and careers, so that without naming them, anyone who knew them could identify them. And if these jurors didn't find Chauvin guilty, could dox them completely, so an angry mob could mass outside their homes to threaten them personally.

My hope is that in a few months when the national media focus dies down, the case will be turned over on appeal because of the egregious threats of BLM, Maxine Waters, and so many other race extortionists. This qualifies as jury tampering or racketeering. The trial should have been moved to another location, or another "venue" I believe is the term. And at the first sign of mob intimidation, a mistrial should have been declared and the trial moved elsewhere, with an army of police and national guard and arrests, to deter further intimidation.

The judge in the case plainly said to Chauvin's defense attorney today in court that he can easily see the Left has quite possibly given Chauvin a golden path to an appeal overturning the case, and having to be re-tried. But I think the judge was careful not to declare a mis-trial himself, because he wants to wash his hands of the case and pass it on to be someone else's problem. This could go all the way to the Supreme Court.