Originally Posted by Matter-eater Man
I think it’s pretty hard to refute the evidence WB that was presented. Cops have a tough job and need some leeway imho but this was an execution carried out in front of crowd that video taped it.

AGAIN: George Floyd was a career criminal who had a long history of drug abuse, and committing violent crimes to support his habit. He hurt a lot of people. A few years prior, Floyd did 7 years in jail for a violent home invasion. In another incident, he held a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach and demanded money. I wish these and other VICTIMS of Floyd were at his great statesman-like funeral to give their own two cent about just what a great person George Floyd was.

AGAIN: George Floyd was high as a kite with more than enough Fentanyl in his blood stream from that alone. *AND* he further had a high level of Mathaanphetamines in his blood. More than enough to kill him, even if officer Derek Chauvin had never showed up.
*AND* Floyd had a heart condition.
*AND* Floyd had just passed a 20 dollar bill to a BLACK store owner, who called the police and reported Floyd, and said Floyd was glassy eyed and very high on something.
*AND* Floyd was in a car with 3 other guys who were also arrested, *WITHOUT INCIDENT*, one of them the drug dealer who sold Floyd the fatal dose he ingested.

So again: Derek Chauvin did not have perfect conduct with how he handled the situation, but it appears to me Floyd would have died regardless of anything Chauvin did, so I think murder or manslaughter are excessive regarding Floyd's death, who the autopsy (and a second independent autopsy!) show Floyd essentially did to himself.
Chauvin's crime was delaying paramedic treatment to a man who was overdosing, but if paramedics were called immediately, it's still a snowball's chance in hell Floyd would have survived. It *APPEARS* Chauvin was on a power trip, but we haven's see all the body-cam video of the four officers in the Floyd arrest. We've only seen the 9-minute bystander video that shows events in a narrow context.

It's a bit confusing, because there was a paramedic on the scene for that 9 minutes, but she was an assistant paramedic, a bystander walking by, not a paramedic called to the scene with full equipment and access to Floyd, and was essentially being a backseat driver taunting the officers, a clearly defiant and insolent social justice warrior, as her testimony on the stand made clear, even in her taunts to the judge!

I would say Chauvin was guilty of depraved indifference, and possibly excessive force, and whatever charge would encapsulate being arrogant and stubborn and being on a power trip. Chauvin had several reprimands for excessive force, but he also had several commendations. There are way too many things that show Floyd was already dying of an overdose and a heart condition to say Chauvin "murdered" Floyd. Floyd was dying regardless of anything Chauvin did that day.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.