Originally Posted by Matter-eater Man
I remember tuning in for the Covid briefings at first and gave up on them because of trump. I wouldn’t take his word alone either and that is the context you left out. Harris pointedly said it depended on credible sources on the vaccines and not his word alone.

“I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump and it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he’s talking about,”

I do get that for trumpers, he is the source they have faith in and its a pity that he hasn’t done much in trying to get the vaccine hesitant to take it. And I take no pleasure in seeing Florida as #1 for Covid and hope better republicans can be more effective with getting their base vaccinated.

That's because you're a Democrat/left partisan, who takes at face value whatever lying talking points your party feeds you, on any given day. You will NEVER give Trump, or any Republican, credit for having better ideas, better leadership, or better actions than the Bolshevik lunatics you support.

As I've said repeatedly: I voted for Trump in 2016 with hesitation, not sure what he could actually do as president. But in Trump's 4 years I grew to support him with great enthusiasm, because he did exactly as he promised, and far more.
He rebuilt our economy, brought factories and jobs back to the U.S. that his Democrat opponents said was fantasy, that Barack Obama said he would "have to wave a magic wand" to make happen.
But Trump did exactly that.
Trump built a southern border wall as promised.
He secured the border, as promised.
He re-built our military, as promised.
He provided THREE Covid-19 vaccines by November 2020, as promised.
He prevented a war with Iran, a push to war that Hillary Clinton or Biden would have followed deep state/neo-con advisors into.
Trump used sanctions to reign in China, Russia, North Korea and Iran, more effectively than any other president has ever used economic sanctions, exerting world-changing influence without a war or firing a shot. The most effective use of economic soft power of any president in our lifetime.

THIS is the guy you demonize and hate.

If you hate Trump, it is clearly based on irrational bias, not the facts. Those are the facts. He is the most effective president since at least FDR and Teddy Roosevelt. With quantifiably the best economy in 50 yeears, greater than even Reagan, and certaainly greater than Bill Clinton or Obama. He re-built this country in record time, despite corrupt opposition on every side, even with deep state attacks on him from his own FBI and DOJ, his own CIA and National Security Council.

I only regret that once Trump was close to weeding out all those deep state rats, that Trump didn't have another 4 years as president to achieve even more, with them now out of the way.

Biden and his puppetmasters are doing the exact opposite of protecting and strengthening the country. In less than 6 months they have destroyed border security, brought on another wave of nationwide Covid spread though the millions of illegal immigrants pouring in.
Biden has through weakness emboldened China, Russia, North Korea and Iran to do their worst.
Biden has destroyed U.S. energy independence, slashed and demoralized our military, and enacted a Stalinist purge of Republicans from federal and military positions.

I pray to God that this country can survive 4 years of Biden. The Trump "insurrectionists" are a manufactured phantom. that masks the real insurrection and overthrow of the U.S. by the Cultural Marxists in the Biden administration and wider Democrat party. These people are openly marxist, openly want to tear down our history and national monuments, openly are strong-arming for a one-party totalitarian system, and openly want to purge, humiliate and destroy anyone who disagrees with them.
Openly talk about wanting to put Trump supporters in Gulags.
Openly call for televised forced confessions from Trump administration officials (as in Soviet Russia or communist China).
Openly talk about wanting to take away Trump supporters' children and raise/indoctrinate them by wards of the cultural marxist state
Openly protested throughout 2020 (invoking to the French Revolution) carrying guillotines and effigy severed heads, what they would like to do to their opposition.
Openly talk about wanting to block Trump supporters from being able to keep their degrees or be able to find jobs.

Democrats even subject their own to this kind of purge, if they deviate from the talking points of the Democrat/Left.

Just ask decades-respected journalists like John Solomon, Sharyl Attkisson, and others, who despite decades of solid journalism and acclaim are suddenly blacklisted from the mainstream.
Ask former New York Times reporter Alex Berenson, who was similarly blacklisted when he published a book exposing the media-purged facts about Covid-19, and his book was for a while purged from availability on Amazon, until public pressure broke Amazon down into again selling it on their site.
Ask the former host of The Bachelor TV series, or any celebrity who endorsed Donald Trump.
Ask any Republican U.S. Senate or House member who supported challenging the electoral votes in the January 6th joint-session hearings, who have been threatened with severing of their election funding by multiple "woke" corporations, corporations who NO PROBLEM supported Democrats' 2000, 2004 and 2016 challenges of Republican victories, but portray a challenge of Biden's election integrity as an "attack on democracy".

Ask "My Pillow guy" Mike Lindell, who only supported an investigation of the election integrity and funded airing of that debate, had his product taken off the shelf in nationwide stores like Bed Bath and Beyond.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/feb/11/mike-lindell-my-pillow-dropped-by-18-vendors-dolla/

They wanted to take away Alan Dershowitz's law degree, the most respected and acclaimed lawyer in the country, professor emeritus at Harvard Law School, just for defending Trump in an impeachment trial.
They ACTUALLY DID take away mayor and U.S. attorney Rudy Giuliani's New York law license, although only temporarily.
They took Rep. Elise Stefanik's position on a law board at Harvard, for no reason other than spite, just because she supported the electoral challenge on Jan 6th. The same electoral challenge Democrats exerted in 2000, 2004 and 2016 against Republican presidents, and continued to undermine these presidents as "illegitimate" long after a full audit of the election integrity in each case was permitted by Republicans. But to even ask for an audit of election integrity in Nov 2020 was enough to purge her as allegedly "undermining democracy".

Acts of intimidation by the Democrat-Bolshevik party, one and all.

You blindly support your vicious party, and these purges.
Be careful what you wish for, M E M. You might get it. And when that actually happens, you won't like it.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.