I saw Creepshow for the first time in about 30 years a few nights ago on TV. Not one of my favorites, but a tribute by Stephen King and Bernie Wrightson to the EC pre-code horror comics. Others I saw again were bits and pieces of The Dead Zone (great movie), Christine (also good), the 1976 and 2013 versions of Carrie (less impressed by either), and others.

John Carpenter's Halloween (1978) was another I saw again recently. A good atmospheric Halloween movie, but less impressive than when I saw it on its release at age 15.
Halloween 3: Season of the Witch is another I saw recently that I enjoyed. I enjoy the mixture of the occult and corporate conspiracy elements, admittedly low budget, but an interesting departure from the other Halloween movies.

One of my favorites is Ed Wood, that is atmospheric, very fun, quirky, and with a lot of humor explores the love of storytelling and of making horror movies, even by those who aren't especially well-funded or good at it. With great performances by Johnny Depp, Martin Landau and others. A very under-appreciated movie.

My favorite by John Carpenter is his 1982 version of The Thing, which was something of a career-ender for John Carpenter in 1982 due to its overwhelming negative reviews, and low performance at the box office. But I loved it from its first release, and very rare for me, I watched it multiple times in the theatre. Critical reviews later turned in favor of it, but I thought it was fantastic from the start. I actually had a client who works on the film production crew side of Hollywood, and he gave me some stories into what it was like to work on the movie. He said they worked on an ice-cold set, and then (in L.A.) would go outside, and the constant extreme change in temperatures got a lot of crew and cast-members sick. Part of it, the outdoor scenes, were also filmed on mountain landscapes of British Columbia.

Those are some I've seen recently, and a few of my favorites. What are some of your favorites ?