(9) ROMAN REIGNS (w/Paul Heyman) vs. BROCK LESNAR

Reigns made his entrance first with Heyman. Then Lesnar came out. The ring announcer Mike Rome introduced it as the biggest WrestleMania main event of all time. Heyman took the mic from him and introduced Reigns. Lesnar smiled and laughed. As Rome began introducing Lesnar, Lesnar yanked the mic away and introduced himself with vigor. Cole said, “This is the biggest fight feel!” Graves joined Cole on the call of this Raw vs. Smackdown match. The bell rang 32 minutes into the fourth hour. Lesnar laughed. Reigns looked stern and serious. Lesnar removed his gloves and threw them out of the ring. “Bare knuckle time,” said Cole. Cole said Brock looked looser than Reigns. Lesnar took early control. He lifted Reigns and drove him hard into the corner. Lesnar clotheslined Reigns over the top rope to the floor. Lesnar then walked over toward Heyman. Heyman yelled, “Oh my God! Wait a second! Wait a second! I love you! I love you! Please take me back. It was all Roman’s idea. It was never my idea. I love you!” Reigns then speared Lesnar through the ringside barricade. Reigns returned to the ring, favoring his left arm. Lesnar was gasping for breath and struggling to stand as the ref reached a count of five. Lesnar made it back at nine.

When Lesnar stood, Reigns speared him for a near fall. Reigns waited for Lesnar to stand, then connected with a Superman Punch. Reigns hit a second Superman Punch, then verbally boasted about being the greatest of all time. Lesnar stood, but was actually smiling. He grabbed a charging Reigns and gave him a German suplex. And another. Reigns gasped and tried to leave the ring, but Lesnar gave him a third and fourth and fifth German suplex at 6:00. Cole said Lesnar seems to be getting stronger. Graves said he’s just getting warmed up. Reigns slipped out of an F5 attempt and shoved Lesnar into the turnbuckles. Then he dropped Lesnar with another Superman Punch. Reigns set up for a Spear. He let out the yell. As he charged, Lesnar picked up him and delivered an F5. Graves said, “That’s gotta do it!” Reigns kicked out. They cut to a reaction shot of the crowd.

Lesnar lifted Reigns for another F5, but Reigns raked his eyes. Reigns then speared Lesnar into the ref in the corner, the hit a low-blow. Heyman handed Reigns the Universal Title belt. He hit Lesnar in the skull with it for a near fall. Reigns yelled to the crowd that he’s the best and number one. He then looked over at Lesnar who was still on the mat, suffering from the low blow and belt shot. Reigns leaped onto Brock’s back and tried to drive him into the mat. It looked weird. Graves said it might’ve been an attempted spear to the back like Lashley did earlier. Reigns then speared Lesnar, but Lesnar countered immediately with Kimura lock. Reigns yelled in agony and reached for the bottom rope. He eventually grabbed the rope. Lesnar released the hold. Heyman gave Reigns his best pep talk. “My Tribal Chief, this is your moment,” he said with a tone of desperation. Reigns said his arm was out of socket. Reigns caught Lesnar with another sudden spear for the three count. Cole said he was in absolute shock over the sudden way Reigns just beat Lesnar. Lesnar remained on his back as Reigns celebrated.

They replayed Reigns reaching the bottom rope to break the Kimura lock, and they noted that Heyman pushed the rope toward Reigns’s hand. Cole said he didn’t see that the first time. As Heyman presented Reigns with both belts, Lesnar sat up and looked at Reigns as he raised both belts above his head. Fans booed as the event ended.

WINNER: Reigns in 13:00 to retain the Universal Title and win the WWE Title. (****)

(That finish did seem to come out nowhere. It was a dramatic match that had an epic feel. It didn’t amount to an all-time classic, but the story it told was done really effectively and felt like a really big deal every minute of the way. Heyman was tremendous in his role, too. Will the story be Lesnar was just too happy-to-lucky and it made him a little soft.)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo Forum- Come for the games...stay for TEH DRAMA!!!