This happened exactly a week ago:

OAN was taken off the air by Direct TV (at the order of parent company A T & T) .

A similar "de-platforming" of Fox News was attempted by the Obama administration, and at that time, all other news media sided with Fox News to keep Fox News included in the White House press corps briefings.
I was watching OAN at the moment it went off the air, which was at 11:59 PM Monday, April 4th.
At 12 midnight one minute later, Tuesday, OAN was off the air.

Simultaneously, Newsmax also was taken off the air at the same time, just snow on the screen, and after a few minutes replaced by a message of "We are experiencing technical difficulties", and came back on the air about an hour later.
An accident by Direct TV?
Or a warning to Newsmax, how close it is to a similar instant de-platforming ?

This 36-page legal case filed by OAN...

...details the exact circumstances of OAN's origins in 2013 (at the urging of A T & T !) their rise over the last 9 years to become the 24th most watched, and obviously profitable, cable channel on Direct TV. More than CNN, more than Bloomberg News. More than CNBC. Yet they remain on Direct TV, and OAN is removed.
And the case briefing lists the chronology of events, and specifically what executives at A T & T and Direct TV were instrumental in illicitly taking OAN off the air, and the legal damages sued for, at over $1 billion, for breach of contract, defamation of OAN and its owners, and lost revenue.
Despite being 24th of Direct TV's most profitable stations, for no clearly explained reason other than liberal Bolshevisim and de-platforming a dissenting political persuader of public opinion, its removal from Direct TV's stations is actually decreasing Direct TV and A T & T's profits and stock shareholders' profits, in what were increasingly viewed channels (OAN and AWE), that were increasing in profits for both Direct TV / A T &T, and for OAN, when the plug was maliciously pulled, for no clearly explained reason.

Most astonishing is (unlike when the Obama administration tried to exclude Fox News as "not a real news channel") I've seen absolutely no mention of the very sudden cancellation and silencing of OAN, even by Fox News and Newsmax. And as the above legal case makes clear, the same liberal groups like the NAACP and Media Matters, have the exact same de-platforming plans for Fox News and Newsmax.

The authoritarian silencing of all dissenting (conservative, and independent) news and opinion.
You'd think someone would want to sound the alarm and report that, before their networks suffer the same fate as OAN.

• First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up.
    --Pastor Martin Niemoller