A champion has fallen. . .

Quote:
Joe Mama is back on his feet, clearly in pain. Perhaps his wounds have stopped bleeding, but it's impossible to tell. Ghost Hog is struggling back into the ring. He is a gory mess. There's no doubt that both men will be rushed to the hospital after the match is over...whenever the match ends. Ghost Hog re-enters the ring and both men are wobbly on their feet as the stare at each other, neither one rushing to make the first move. They circle each other, limping, sizing each other up. Ghost Hog moves forward in an attempt to gain control of a collar-and-elbow tie-up, but Joe Mama sidesteps him and shoves him into the ropes. Ghost Hog bounces off and falls backwards into his waiting opponent. Joe Mama executes what is supposed to be a Bay State Sledge, but more closely resembles a man falling down onto his side. That Ghost Hog hits face first onto the mat is incidental. That Joe Mama rolls him onto his back is instinctual – there are no referees to count the pin fall. Neither man is moving. Both are barely breathing.

A decision has been made and a gauntlet thrown down. . .

Quote:
Due to the extreme nature of the injuries suffered by both the RDCW World Champion Joe Mama and Ghost Hog in the main event of Halloween Handjobs, the board of directors, under the supervision of Rob Kamphausen, have decided to declare the RDCW World Championship title vacant.

Furthermore, the board of directors have declared that a tournament will take place to crown a new champion on January 1st, 2008 at RDCW New Year's Evil. Applicants may sign up to participate here in this thread (and only in this thread!).

Thank you and good day.

A title has been vacated. . .

and a challenge has been accepted. . .

Quote:
King Snarf: It's time for King Snarf to make his glorious return by cherry picking the world title! Wooooo!

Quote:
Captain Sammitch: let's do this!

Quote:
King Snarf: And since Sammitch won't get involved in the match until Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest, the title goes to me by default! Woooooooo!

cut to the Cheesedome interior where the fans are screaming in anticipation as Mike Monroe and Madman MarcuM talk excitedly at ringside. "Ode to Joy" begins to play as Doc Paragon heads down to the ring, carrying the RDCW World Championship belt in his hands. Paragon climbs up the steps and enters the ring as James White welcomes him and shakes his hand. Paragon asks White to hold the mic as he speaks.

DP: Thank you and welcome to New Year's Evil!

Crowd pops bigtime.

DP: As you know, the announced tournament for the RDCW World Championship only received two applicants, King Snarf and Captain Sammitch. Therefore, as General Manager of the RDCW, I have decided that instead of a tournament, we will have one match! Snarf vs. Sammitch, with the winner becoming the NEW RDCW World Champion!

And that's not all! This match will have no time limit. There will be no countouts, no disqualifications, there WILL be a winner! Also, I have given senior RDCW official Lothar the night off and I have decided that I am going to officiate this title match myself!

So, Snarf, Sammitch, get ready! Because in just a few moments the two of you are going to war!

Let me tell you something, just because something is in a graphic format doesn't mean it needs to be apologized for. And just because a novel is serious, doesn't mean it's serious fiction. The only thing comics should worry about is telling a good story. You do that and people will find it. -Brad Meltzer