I'll post some quick predictions:

Atlantic: Boston, New Jersey, Toronto, New York, Philadelphia
Central: Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Indiana
Southeast: Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, Washington, Charlotte
Northwest: Utah, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Minnesota
Pacific: Phoenix, LA Lakers, Golden State, LA Clippers, Sacremento
Southwest: San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Memphis

NBA Finals: Dallas over Boston
Yeah, whatever, somewhere in Australia Dirk unlocked some hidden power to never ever pussy out again and blam: championship. Who knows.

Half-way point has been passed, so it's fair to revisit these for a moment.

4 out of 6 conference winners isn't bad. Obviously, the Hornets have risen far higher and far faster than I imagined. If the MVP was divided by conference, Chris Paul would be an easy choice in my opinion(and he belongs in the discussion overall anyway). I guess they did what I thought the Bulls would. Looking at the two teams, I can see why. I have always thought that while the Bulls had a lot of young talent, they didn't have a young player with obvious superstar potential. Deng comes close, but injuries have slowed his development this year. He's the only guy on the team who's offensive game isn't limited either to low percentage jumpshots or garbage points in the paint.

My Finals prediction is looking a little dingy now, but I will stand by it because blind, stubborn faith is my last resort. Certainly the biggest surprise for me this season has been the way in which two smart, highly competitive franchises so badly panicked and succumbed to idiotic peer pressure with reactionary, kneejerk(and potentially title-shot crippling) trades. If the money could have worked, I wouldn't have minded Shaq on the Mavs, but on the Suns...well, obviously, he just doesn't fit.

The Kidd debacle...a horribly painful experience all-around. I like watching Kidd play just as much as anybody, but he's fools' gold, man. Of the 64 NBA point guards, he's 62nd in turnover ratio. 62nd! And he shoots 36%!

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that so few realize Devin Harris is, at this stage in their respective careers, a better point guard than Kidd. Reputation means a lot in sports. Still, it's baffling, especially as a person who supported Cuban's decision to let Steve Nash leave on the basis that he was going to be too old and too costly, that Cuban would trade whatever flexibility he had for a guy who's even older and even more costly(and not as good). Why commit to something when you know it requires a level of patience you don't have?

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.