#697976 2006-07-28 10:38 PM
rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Oh god this is embarrassingly good.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

Eat Me
500+ posts
Eat Me
500+ posts
i think no tits woman (I think thats her name, if not it should be) needs to be kicked out.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I caught the end of it last night. Suprisingly, it was kinda clever. I like how they made the "mission" a race to get changed into costume and over the finish line, but set up the little girl crying towards the end to see who would help her and sacrifice their finishing time to help someone out. I gotta admit, that was pretty cool.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
1 post
1 post
Hurrah for The cap'n. He needs to win, anyone that acts like that in public is a winner in my book(Picture Book).

Eat Me
500+ posts
Eat Me
500+ posts
I like Big Mama and Captain Victory.

I couldn't believe the jerks that just ran by the little girl, then were all proud of themelves afterwards.

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I liked watching the girl with the big tits running.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
A friend of mine just sent me this article.

Heh. Sounds cheesy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...er=emailarticle

Anyone Got Some Kryptonite?
Sci Fi's 'Superhero' Competition Isn't for Those With X-Ray Vision
By Hank Stuever
Washington Post Staff Writer

Thursday, July 27, 2006; Page C01

Spandex is the No. 1 reason the world doesn't have superheroes. If you've ever walked on Hollywood Boulevard and had a tranny Wonder Woman or a lumpen Captain America offer to pose with you for a picture, then you know: Off the page, humans have just never looked right in those costumes -- even in big-budget movies and with big-budget trainers and big-budget codpieces.
Sci Fi Channel's new low-budget reality series, "Who Wants to Be a Superhero?" (debuting tonight at 9), lends a whole new meaning to cape fear. Being on a reality show almost always means you're going to have to work extra hard to just seem human, never mind super, and the result here is reminiscent of something between the early-'80s comedy "Greatest American Hero" and Howard Stern's adventures as Fartman.

Instead of Halle Berry, we get Fat Momma, a.k.a. Nell Wilson, a 43-year-old single mother who works at home and draws her powers from doughnuts. (Diet soda, she claims, weakens her powers.) She says she's here to show the world that fat people can do anything thin people can -- except perhaps run a few dozen yards without wheezing.

Values seem to be the central theme. Don't worry about how you look, our wannabe superheroes are assured by their host -- and unconvincingly Trumplike interlocutor -- Stan Lee, the 83-year-old creator of such comic book legends as Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four. He speaks to the contestants via an always-somehow-available flat-panel TV, with the creepy-cheapy feeling that most of his segments were taped months prior.

"Every really good superhero has what's important on the inside," Lee says. (You know -- it's about integrity, compassion, honesty. Early on, Lee kicks out Levity, a 32-year-old toymaker who has unwittingly bragged to a hidden camera that his reason for competing is to get exposure for his custom-designed action figures, which he sells for $300 a pop.)

Poor Stan has to watch as "thousands" audition for 11 spots on this Injustice League, a process that the show's producers have blessedly cut to a few amusing minutes: "My name is Ice Bitch," announces one unsuccessful aspirant, and it's downhill from there. There's a guy outfitted in a giant pink ball who bounces around. There's a guy in a thong onesie who claims his strength rests in the fact that "I was born with a hairy [posterior] -- my powers were completely unknown to the world until I put on this costume."

Major Victory, a.k.a. Chris Watters, is a 38-year-old San Francisco deejay who used to be a male exotic dancer, "which took a toll on my relationship with my daughter," he immediately confesses to the camera, and, as any parent knows, the way to impress a sullen adolescent is to prance around town in red-and-black long johns that occasionally reveal your coin slot when you bend over. Major Victory is also competing to win . . . well, it turns out the grand prize here is to be featured in a one-off comic book title and to star in a full-length movie on Sci Fi based on your character. So the prize is an ego trip -- coach class.

In the first challenge, the group is taken to a public plaza in their street clothes, where they must wait for Lee to send them a secret message on the super-duper, circa-2001 PDAs they wear. When the signal comes, the hero must find a place to change into his or her costume without being seen, and get to a finish line in the fastest time. Already the chasm between comic book and reality makes itself clear: Our heroes, lugging around duffel bags, scrunch down behind bushes and kiosks and Port-O-Lets to furtively change into their get-ups. This makes them look either homeless or perverted, but props to Monkey Woman for climbing a tree for a switcheroo into her banana-belt bikini!

In the rush to the finish line, not many of the contestants notice the real crisis, a sort of Kitty Genovese setup: A little girl is standing in their path. She is crying and pleading for help, saying she's lost her mother. Most of these supernarcissists blow right past her. A few stop and help, especially Major Victory, who makes a hammy show of picking the girl up and striding toward the security office with gazelle-like grace.

At that night's elimination ceremony, the big Stan Lee on the flat panel feigns his disgust. He expresses special scorn for Nitro G, a.k.a. Darren Passarello, a 20-year-old part-time comic book store employee from Staten Island who didn't just miss the crying kid but also chose to change into his costume in plain sight -- with lots of gawking passersby. (C'mon, dude -- if you work in a comic book store, you should be a little more protective of your secret identity.)

As dreck goes, "Who Wants to Be a Superhero?" works a certain charm, but only if viewed as a ridiculous sendup of celebreality tropes: The heroes are assembled in a tricked-out group house (in this case, a "secret lair" above a Los Angeles sweatshop), where they flirt and dis. They are deceived by producers, they compete, they are scolded, and, one by one, they are eliminated.
Though it never occurs to folks like Cell Phone Girl, Feedback and Ty'Veculus, they should thank their lucky stars this thing isn't on network TV, where the ray beams of humiliation would surely immolate them.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

Eat Me
500+ posts
Eat Me
500+ posts
I think the writer of this article is an ass. He/she starts off the article by making fun of the fat woman, how typical. At least she has the confidence to walk around in the spandex. Maybe her choice of 'powers' isn't the most health conscious, but at least she's having fun and one of the few that actually noticed the crying child.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

in the RDCW forum Sky_Kid said:
So this is my first post and it's gonna suck. but Yeah I like Your organization and It reminded of my old one. TWE, Trampoline Wrestling Entertainment, We had a lot of fun but we cancelled it due to too many "accidental" injuries. We had Cage matches, high flying moves....., and very one sided matches. All in all, It was one of the dumbest things we've ever done. your org seems much more gooder. This ends stupidity.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I think I'm gonna like this kid...

Eat Me
500+ posts
Eat Me
500+ posts

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Quote:

Ariel AKA Warp said:
I think the writer of this article is an ass. He/she starts off the article by making fun of the fat woman, how typical. At least she has the confidence to walk around in the spandex. Maybe her choice of 'powers' isn't the most health conscious, but at least she's having fun and one of the few that actually noticed the crying child.

hypocrite, you started this thread off by making fun of the poor woman with large breasts!

Eat Me
500+ posts
Eat Me
500+ posts
wha?

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Fat people cant be supert heroes, thats just silly!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Ha ha ha, Fat Momma eats donuts, what a great power!
She also couldnt get more than two steps before the dogs took her down (or maybe she was just too tired after carrying all that weight in her gut for those two steps).

This show sucks!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Stan Lee is a cunt (not that I didnt already know that).

Firstly, he threatens to eliminate a guy cause he made a joke about another "hero" as heroes dont do that, so how does Lee explain how the Human Torch used to mock The Thing or stick kick me signs on Spideys back?

He eliminates a guy cause heroes dont kill, despite the popularity of guys like The Punisher and Wolverine.

He also threatens to eliminate a guy for being dishonest despite the fact Lee himself has made a career out of lying!

Also, fat bitch deserves no sympathy after insulting the bald bloke about his BO!

I hope fat bitch has a heart attack at some point, that would be funny!

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I hope Stan Lee craps in his pants!

...again!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
I really have to ask if Lee ever read a comic book.
He kept having a go at a guy for removing his cape.
At one point he said "Does Spiderman ever give up his mask or Superman give up his cape.............no!"

Well Superman has taken his cape off and wrapped people in it many times, and in the Spidey movies, he removes his mask all the bloody time!

I bet the second season is gonna be a doozy!

Link Copied to Clipboard