Originally Posted By: thedoctor
The fact of the matter is that Hollywood is a business first and foremost. To expect them to do something that won't make them a profit or for them to forgo an idea that will simply because it doesn't meet with your 'artistic' take is plain silly. DC is going to keep milking the various trade editions because it equals big money. Warner Bros. is probably going to skip any additional Watchmen ideas because it's not making enough for them to justify it (given that they're having to kick back almost 10% to Fox). I'd have preferred the HBO miniseries concept to begin with, but I think the movie was damned good and had a good grasp of the material while not copying it 100%. Doing a miniseries now would just be stupid. Why would people watch a re-shot, longer version of a movie that they just saw or passed up seeing in the theaters? Personally, I think this movie is going to become a cult favorite, earning more in special edition DVD sales as to have the studio come out with a new version every couple of years or so much like the Evil Dead trilogy.

Yep, yep and yep. As I mentioned back when the film first came out, I could see this turning into a cult film or even another "Blade Runner" where (even if it's never a financial success) people come to see it as a classic before its time.