Originally Posted By: iggy
My Perry posts, at least, pertains to...

Your Perry posts are about something that you, personally, find interesting and others might not. Fair enough. We all post things that others may or may not care about.

My object is merely that, because we all do it, it is grossly unfair of you to get so...abusive...towards WB (or any other poster) simply because it's not something that you, personally, care about. That does nothing to make the board more interesting. It's just you venting.

Quote:
I'm still willing to think deeply about things when posting, but I refuse to waste the time and effort it requires on mister "my factual books/articles are more factual than your factual books/articles." ...

But you ARE "wast[ing] the time and effort" when you choose to respond as you did instead of just ignoring the post.

As Rob has said, the board is what we make it. If people want posts that interest them they need to bring interesting things to the table, not just bitch about the posts others make or engage in silly personal attacks that quickly denigrate into "rubber and glue."

Finally, I apologize if it seems as if I am singling you out. I do so simply because I find you a very interesting person when you're on your "a" game and know you are capable of discussing things in a way that certain other posters might not be.