meh, i still really liked it. this season is by far the best.

there is a very strong notion this season that "we're no longer in kansas." with this all-of-a-sudden huge quest for these three icons of power and lana gaining an ancestral power and chloe's near murder and lionel's "parent trap," and kal's flight and lana's bewitching, etc, etc, etc... we're way past "freak of the week" here.

in fact, the only thing really tying them to the school is clark's now-finished football season (which i thought was a really nice touch).

i dunno, i just really think its all clicking and working. ever the internet optimist, of course.

i love lois. i think she's perfect. i also think she looked damn fine all sluttied up as the witch. i think lex is the show, and love how his role is becoming more than just occasional advisor, with his apparent developing interest in lana. i think lionel is the lex of the future, and his arrogance and confidence are a beautiful contrast to the stumbling kents. i think clark is really coming into his own, with welling as an actor finally finding his stride, and clark as a 'young' man finally finding his.

giant picture