Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I thought LAST week was about second chances. How many did Clark plan to give Elisha? It looks like his feelings were mixed. He wanted to work things out, yet he was within his right to not fully trust her about the attempted murders. "I know I tried to kill you and Lana in the past, I know I used Red K on you, and I know you caught me without my bracelet, but I swear to you I am innocent this time." She took a bullet to protect Clark's secret, yet she couldn't protect that same secret from Chloe. Clark needn't feel responsible; he's saved more lives than he could ever hope to endanger.

But poor Elisha. She didn't deserve her fate. Her methods were whacked, but all she wanted was to be open about who and what she is, and to invite Clark along for the adventure. There were many others that had no secret identity at times. There was Supergirl (Matrix), Steel, Damage, Superboy (Kon-El). I suppose it was more important to preserve the Clark/Superman double life that is so so essential to the mythos. Perhaps in another lifetime things could have worked out for the better. Being faster than a speeding bullet is one thing, but she could have teleported him to places he never knew existed and will never want to leave. I'm not just talking about California either.

I get the feeling Lois was only put in this episode to keep Clark from crossing the line. That sure won't be the last time Lois does something like that for him. I just hope they don't overuse the "we don't kill" message like they did in the last two episodes of Birds of Prey. AND I hope they don't give Chloe amnesia. They've done that once before, even though Chloe had that bug in her that made her reckless.