Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 66 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 65 66
Wonder Boy #343600 2006-08-09 3:33 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I think you could pick out one thing such as you just did WB & pretty much make whatever you want out of it. I'll just note that neither the far left nor the far right doesn't care much for Mrs Clinton. Maybe the folks in the middle will notice

Fair play!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
As a Dem operative, MEM is most likely simply parroting the talking points his superiors have given him.

The current talking point is that Hillary is a moderate. She is playing the same "triangulation" game that her husband played in 92.

the G-man #343602 2006-08-09 11:57 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
As a Dem operative, MEM is most likely simply parroting the talking points his superiors have given him.

The current talking point is that Hillary is a moderate. She is playing the same "triangulation" game that her husband played in 92.

This coming from the fellow who's given us such mature titles like "Hildebeast 08" & "Go to hell, Hillary". I suppose what you lack in credibility you make up for in repetition so I should take you serious for a second.

Unlike some people, I can recognize when somebody from the Republican party is moderate on issues in general. I've said more than a couple of times that I like McCain & while I'm not a Rudy G. fan I do acknowledge that he's pretty moderate. Just because we're coming up on '08 I still see where their at on the issues.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

Clinton on Cheney: 'I don't take anything he says seriously anymore'

Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) has said she no longer "takes seriously" statements made by Vice President Dick Cheney, RAW STORY has learned.

At campaign stops in the New York City area yesterday, Clinton addressed the alleged terrorist plot disrupted by British authorities, noting that the impact of the plot could have hit New York even harder than those of September 11, 2001.

“We appreciate the swift action by the British," Clinton noted, "because the plot centered on airlines flying between Britain and the United States, which obviously means between Heathrow and JFK, between Heathrow and Newark."

The Senator has used the unraveling of the London terror plot as evidence of need for more threat-based anti-terror funding.

Clinton continued her comments on the subject by denouncing the "perverted philosophy" of Osama bin Laden--before tearing into the Vice President for recent comments about the Connecticut Democratic primaries.

"I don't take anything he says seriously anymore," Clinton said when asked about Cheney at a later campaign stop. "I think that he has been a very counterproductive--even destructive--force in our country, and I am very disheartened by the failure of leadership from the President and Vice President."

In a conference call with reporters Wednesday night, Cheney implied that US Senator Joe Lieberman's (D-CT) loss to anti-war challenger Ned Lamont was a victory for "al Qaeda types."

RAW

Fair play!
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Who cares?

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
HILL IN PARK 'FLIP'

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton is flip-flopping on her stance over the planned Brooklyn Bridge Park, critics charged yesterday.

the former first lady spoke out against the project, saying she was concerned about the precedent that would be set for public parks if developers built more than 1,200 luxury condos to help raise $15.2 million for yearly maintenance of the waterfront park.

But in a letter to project planners Tuesday, the Democratic senator made it clear she doesn't support a lawsuit seeking to halt construction.

Judi Francis, who heads the project opponents' legal defense fund, accused Clinton of bowing to "political pressure."

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
HILL'S 'PREZ' MAN

Former Democratic Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe will run Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign if she runs for the White House, it was reported yesterday.

McAuliffe told The Hill newspaper that he would play a "huge role" in any presidential run, if it materializes, but said Clinton had not made a decision.

More on McAuliffe here and here.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
HILL'S 'PREZ' MAN

Former Democratic Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe will run Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign if she runs for the White House, it was reported yesterday.

McAuliffe told The Hill newspaper that he would play a "huge role" in any presidential run, if it materializes, but said Clinton had not made a decision.

More on McAuliffe here and here.

did you link to a message board to prove your point?

in that case.
Hey, Rob!!! Look at your mods, one is a closet pedophile. Here's my proof .

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Did you notice that the "message board" had reprinted articles from an actual newspaper?

You're just cranky today because I kidded you about getting all your news from "youtube".

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Did you notice that the "message board" had reprinted articles from an actual newspaper?

it was a messageboard. if you want to post a news article, post the article. as you have done many times, bitchy messageboard posters alter stuff to suit their goals.
post the fricking article.

Quote:

You're just cranky today because I kidded you about getting all your news from "youtube".

i don't have cable, some weird thing about my building. all i can get my news from is newspaper, internet, and looking for segments from cable news shows on youtube.
its not like the youtube posters are making up the segments, just uploading them.
why would i be offended?

Bow ties are coool.
Pariah Offline OP
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
r3x seems especially bitchy today. Nit-picking for the sake of feeling big in front of the bane of his political opinion.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
i don't have cable, some weird thing about my building. all i can get my news from is newspaper, internet, and looking for segments from cable news shows on youtube.
its not like the youtube posters are making up the segments, just uploading them.
why would i be offended?

And that's supposed to justify getting most of your news from YouTube?

Pariah #343611 2006-09-20 7:46 PM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
r3x seems especially bitchy today. Nit-picking for the sake of feeling big in front of the bane of his political opinion.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
why would i be offended?

And that's supposed to justify getting most of your news from YouTube?

you're an idiot.

Bow ties are coool.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

Clinton, Gingrich both defend the pope
By DEVLIN BARRETT
Associated Press Writer
September 19, 2006, 7:13 PM EDT
WASHINGTON -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, longtime foes in American politics, forcefully defended Pope Benedict XVI on Tuesday against a wave of Muslim criticism over a speech last week.
When asked about the controversy prior to her speech at an American Cancer Society event, Clinton, D-N.Y., said the pope's follow-up statement should have been enough to settle the matter.
"It's just outrageous and offensive that people would be threatening violence against him based on what he said, especially when there is so much they should be working on together," Clinton said.
The former first lady has a huge lead in her Senate re-election bid this year. Her opponent, Republican John Spencer, had criticized her Tuesday for not speaking out in the pope's defense.
After appearing onstage with Clinton at the cancer event, Gingrich was even more outspoken about the religious tension.
"I think what he said in his entire speech ... is that Islam has to come to grips with having a genuine dialogue of mutual respect," said Gingrich, a Georgia Republican when he was in the House. "Everything you've seen of the viciousness and the evil that has been said since then by fanatics reinforces the pope's speech."
Both Clinton and Gingrich, who as House speaker sparred for years with President Clinton, are considered potential presidential candidates in 2008.

Raw

Fair play!
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Good for her... she'd still make a shitty president though.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Good for her... she'd still make a shitty president though.

So she has your vote?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Does that mean Gingrich has yours?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I vote for non-shitty presidential candidates. WBAM seems to have different standards however

Seriously though I probably wouldn't vote for Gingritch but if I thought my candidate was strictly bush-league I would probably skip that vote. For a republican, he wouldn't make a bad President for the country.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

CBS Poll On Hillary Clinton
Thursday, September 28, 2006 06:00 PM - CBS News/WBEN Newsroom

CBS News-CBS News conducted a poll of registered New York State voters on Senator Hillary Clinton's political plans.  The poll was conducted between September 24th and 27th, 2006. 

New York’s Senator Hillary Clinton may have more on her mind than just her race for re-election to the Senate in November.   At least that’s what her constituents believe – not that it’s going to affect their vote in November.  And if she did face off against another famous New Yorker in 2008, she might be in a position to carry the state. 

62% of New York State voters believe Senator Clinton will run for President in 2008.  28% think she won’t.  Most Republicans and Democrats agree on this. 

WILL HILLARY CLINTON RUN FOR PRESIDENT IN 2008?
                      Among registered voters
                           Yes        62%
                           No         28

The possibility of Senator Clinton not completing a possible second term doesn’t bother New Yorkers – the vast majority of voters (77%) say it won’t make any difference in their vote for Senate this Fall.

And New York voters think Clinton would be a pretty good President, if elected.  About six in ten think she has the right experience to be a good President, and that she’d be an effective President.   

WOULD HILLARY CLINTON BE AN EFFECTIVE PRESIDENT?
                Among registered voters
                     Yes        59%
                     No         33

But New Yorkers divide on whether she should run for President in 2008.   Overall, 49% say she should, 44% say she should not.  Registered voters in the state are also divided, with 50% saying she should not run. 

There’s only one other New York politician a sizable number of New York residents think should run for president in 2008 - and that’s former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.  Only one in four in the state think retiring Governor George Pataki should run, and even fewer think New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg should run, although there has been speculation about both.

NEW YORKERS’ VIEW – SHOULD THEY RUN IN 2008?
                Clinton              49%
                Giuliani             44%
                Pataki               26%
                Bloomberg            21%

CBS Poll

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
So... slightly less than half of a predominently Democratic state (NY) thinks that a prominent Democrat should run for President...and this is positive for said Democrat's presidential ambitions...how?

What's next, MEM? A poll of Massachusetts voters to convince us that Kerry has a lock on it?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Her numbers are going in the right direction the longer she's in office. For somebody who is one of the biggest targets of the conservative press that trend is impressive IMHO.

Fair play!
the G-man #343620 2006-09-29 10:03 AM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
No matter how you spin it, the fact that the most prominent Democratic candidate in the country only has the support of less than half of one of the bluest of the blue states is not a good sign for her prospects in the rest of the nation.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Her numbers going up in NY isn't spin G-man. Any reasoning as to why certainly could be but isn't that the case when any of us post poll numbers?

Fair play!
the G-man #343622 2006-10-04 1:52 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Things are so-so for Hillary's Presidential ambitions in New York, and worse for her nationally, if an NBC/Marist Poll is any indication:

Only 50 percent of Americans would be willing to vote for a female Democrat for president in 2008, according to a surprising new nationwide poll that spells potential bad news for Hillary Rodham Clinton.

The survey also found that 51 percent of all voters don't even want Clinton to run for the White House.

The only leading contender from either party that a majority of Americans wants to see in the White House race is Rudy Giuliani, the WNBC/Marist Poll showed.

The survey was good news for the former mayor - but not for women.

It found that 30 percent of voters nationwide are not likely to support a woman nominated by either major party.

That could pose a major problem for Clinton if she makes a bid for president in 2008, as is expected.

the G-man #343623 2006-10-04 8:35 PM
Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I still say Rice for 2008!

Pariah #343624 2006-10-04 8:36 PM
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
I'm on a low carb diet.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
Pariah #343625 2006-10-05 10:21 AM
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
I still say Rice for 2008!

We're agreement! It's the end of the world! The Beast is comming, and his number is 613!

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Iowa not sold on Clinton

Iowa Democrats really like Hillary Clinton - and they love Bill - but they're not convinced the junior senator from New York can win a presidential election.

Many Iowans saw former President Bill Clinton's speech to the Democrats' annual dinner here Saturday night as a sign his wife was getting on the presidential bandwagon. But Hillary Clinton will have to do a lot more to persuade the state - which Bill Clinton ceded to Sen. Tom Harkin in 1992 - to back her.

Her biggest stumbling block to winning in Iowa appears to be convincing folks that she can win later.

"Even though Hillary Clinton doesn't stand much of a chance, I like her," said Eric Benson, a 21-year-old activist who happily wore a "Clinton for President" sticker on his lapel. "She could get through the primary, then lose the general," he said. "She's very polarizing for moderates."

"I do like Hillary Clinton, but she's more of a divider than a uniter," said Julia MacMillan, 20. "I don't think the country wants that."

the G-man #343627 2006-12-02 4:09 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
HILLARY SEEKS SECRET RECRUITS IN '08 ARMY

Hillary Rodham Clinton's high command is quietly interviewing Democratic operatives to serve as campaign foot soldiers for her likely White House run.

The Clinton camp's super-secret recruiting - interviewees have been told not to discuss anything with friends or the media - comes as the former first lady hasn't held a public event in 16 days.

Aides say she is resting at home in Chappaqua.

Her disappearing act at a time when other 2008 Democratic candidates have been increasingly active has a growing number of Iowa caucus-goers believing she might even take a pass on a presidential bid if rising rival Barack Obama jumps in.

Meanwhile, Clinton's inner circle has been targeting proven party operatives for hiring, including aides who served Sen. John Kerry in his failed 2004 bid to unseat President Bush.

Clinton's brain trust has powwowed with Democratic communications gurus who would be willing to uproot from Washington to quarterback the campaign's press operations in early primary states like New Hampshire and South Carolina.

They're also trying to enlist hard-nosed wordsmiths to serve at campaign HQ on Clinton's so-called "rapid response" team, which is tasked with countering political broadsides.

Prospective hires have been told by Team Clinton to keep quiet because nothing has been finalized about the former first lady's campaign rollout.

the G-man #343628 2006-12-23 5:00 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
IOWA: ALL DOWN HILL

Democratic 2008 front-runner Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton has a lot of ground to make up in crucial Iowa, with a new poll showing her in fourth place behind Sen. Barack Obama, John Edwards and the state's governor.

The general election matchup numbers are also stark for New York's Clinton in the first-in-the-nation 2008 caucus state, since they show her losing to top-tier Republicans McCain and Giuliani.

Edwards, the former North Carolina senator who came in second in the 2004 Iowa caucuses, is tied in first place with rising star Obama, with both snaring 22 percent among Democrats, shows the poll conducted by Iowa-based Research 2000 for KCCI-TV.

Coming in third is Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack, with 12 percent, followed by Clinton, who took just 10 percent of the caucus vote, according to the poll. Former Vice President Al Gore got 7 percent, with everyone else trailing in single digits and 11 percent undecided.

The results are an early warning sign for Clinton, who's been making calls and dining with key Iowa Democrats in the last few weeks, but has not set foot in the state in years.

Clinton has said she won't make up her mind about a presidential run until after Jan. 1, although insiders believe she'll visit the Hawkeye State early in the year if she goes for it.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
...you didn't speculate but flat out said the Clinton's were doing it.

No. I said I think the Clintons are doing it.

the G-man #343630 2006-12-28 6:36 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
...you didn't speculate but flat out said the Clinton's were doing it.

No. I said I think the Clintons are doing it.

Your willingness to make things up about the Clintons speaks for itself.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Clinton had a strong showing in the latest ARG poll. Looks like she's pulled ahead of the others. MyDD

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I'd stick Hillary in the ass and hate-fuck her.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Dick Morris served as Bill Clinton's political consultant for twenty years. He speculates that Hillary may be trying to run with an outmoded campaign strategy:

Evidently, she's been grousing to potential supporters that she doesn't understand why she can't follow the more leisurely schedule her husband first pursued, when he waited to announce his candidacy until the fall of 1991. Her plan was to do the same thing. Now, with the increasing strength of Edwards and Obama, she's being forced to get into the race and compete. This was something that she hadn't planned on; not at all.

Everything about the Hillary operation looks a bit out of date. Most of her advisors are the same retreads the Clintons have always used.

Hillary's tactics are also old. She spent much of her $40 million campaign war chest in her 2006 run for a second term in New York building her direct mail list. And last year, Hillary quaintly called for a post card writing campaign to lobby for maintaining Homeland Security funding levels in New York.

ever heard of the Internet, Hillary?

Today's politics is a whole new world. Money is raised by the bushel and, as a result, is no longer as decisive. Events happen faster. People seek out candidates before they have the time to reveal themselves to the voters. A candidate herself, actually, controls only about a quarter to a third of her own campaign. Bloggers, Internet e-mailers, independent expenditures, party committees, eager contributors and special interests run the rest for her. She can't keep track of her own campaign, let alone control it.

Unless Mrs. Clinton takes a crash course in the new politics, she's not going anywhere. These old days are over, Hillary.

the G-man #343634 2007-01-07 9:01 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I see Morris is still bitter about being fired. His rant starts out with a pretty big error...

Quote:

FNCThe smartest thing George W. Bush did as he pursued the presidency in 2000 was to jettison his father's former campaign team and start his own bid for the White House from scratch. He realized that times had changed in the 12 years that had elapsed since his Dad was elected, and that the old guard would be set in the old ways. So, he reached out for new people with new ideas — people Dad hadn't known well back in 1988, like Karl Rove and Karen Hughes — to pilot him to victory in 2000.

Rove had worked for Bush's reelection in '92. He was fired after being fingered for a leaked story to Robert Novak. Sheesh, talk about needing a new playbook! Karen Hughes worked for the Reagan-Bush campaign. Bush didn't reach out for new people but simply used some of his daddy's.

BTW Dick Morris has stated that he will leave the United States if Hillary Clinton is elected President. Just one more reason for me to vote Clinton

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You have to admit: Morris seems to have pegged the fact that Clinton's coy refusals to confirm or deny she's running probably have helped Barack Hussein Obama and Johnny John Edwards.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

the G-man #343637 2007-01-07 9:29 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Not really. She's doing pretty much what all the other potential candidates (both parties) are doing. Plus she just won reelection. Running two campaigns at the same time would have been foolish. No, this was Morris just being bitter about the Clintons & getting paid (like a prostitute) by FOX for his services.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
By way, are we now afraid of Hillary's middle name too?

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Oui!

Page 7 of 66 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard