Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

gundamwingpilot said:
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

gundamwingpilot said:
not everyone has insurance, so your gonna let people that dont have insurance die??

Isn't that pretty similar to what happens in socialized healthcare systems? Except this time the insurance agent is the government and they can refuse coverage to whomever they like - the chronically ill, the developmentally disabled, the elderly... Just strikes me as a potential vector for social engineering is all.

Edited to add quotation because this thread got busy in between the post I was replying to and my own post.

Everyone gets there healthcare in Canada and parts of Europe, unlike the uninsured people of the US

You sure? I don't wanna turn this into a snore-fest of statistics, but I seriously doubt that Canada and the Euro nations of which you speak have never denied anyone health care.

Those stats beat the US stats any day. People who cant afford healthcare get it in those countries, in the US if u dont have insurance your fucked. Peope who cant afford medication or treatment dont get it in the US, not the case in Europe and Canada, even teh poorest in canada get treated, hell the homeless get antibiotics if they need it.