Or perhaps the future.

For all the cost in Iraq, the U.S., the people of Iraq, and the world, are better off without Saddam Hussein in power.

I suspect in 15 or 20 years, long after the current conflict in Iraq has subsided and democratic reforms in Iraq are deeply entrenched, we will look back at Iraq and say the price was worth it.
No war goes without mistakes, even those hailed as our greatest victories, and those held up as the standard by which they judge the Iraq war.

Last I looked, the death toll of Americans in the Iraq war was approaching 2400, for almost exactly three years of fighting.

As I pointed out in another recent topic, it was 7000 dead at Iwo Jima in 1945. (Roughly three times the Iraq dead, in just 5 weeks of fighting at Iwo Jima).
And about 19,000 dead at Okinawa (6 times the casualties, in a single battle).

Were those battles worth "conserving"?

Were those costly victories "stupid mistakes"?

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.