Quote:

Im Not Mister Mxypltk said:
Pro, I respect your opinion, but you have to keep in mind the origin of this place. It was a ghost town until in late 2000 or something Franta and the guys found out about and began an extended raid that in the long run spawned a "community". If anything, I think the place has been distancing itself too much from its origins, becoming just another MB... and remember what happens when MBs take themselves too seriously: they go boom-boom.

First of all, Mxy, thank you for actually expressing an intelligent opinion on the matter.

Second, I want to clarify that I'm not neccessarily saying that this place should take itself seriously. I'm just saying that a balance can exist. The balance would still allow for everyone to have a free-reign-run of chaos...as they are prone to do. But, at the same time, making it viable for new people to come here without immediately being accosted with it. Some people out there that would actually have something positive to add to this community, while growing to understand the sly subtely of humor around here. I find that more new posters are run off simply because they absolutely cannot have a moment of serious discussion on any subject. Of course, the natural fallback reaction is "If they can't handle it, then they shouldn't be here". This is, in my opinion, a total phallacy and a kneejerk reaction. Not everyone is the same, and some have to find an accepting base before they are able to tolerate the gay-fuck-chaos-orgy that thrives within the parameters of these boards. Not everyone comes from the DC Boards and know or understand the personalities that make up the RKMBS.

I would never...NEVER...want the RKMBS to become totally "serious". Fuck, I would just leave if that happened. But, all things in moderation. That's my point.