I don't think I ever ran into anyone who didn't like Levitz on the Legion. Of course since there wasn't a real regular writer for the series after his first stint on the title I suppose he doesn't have much competion for that era of the Legion. It would have been fun seeing what Thomas would have gone with the title beyond one storyline. The whole Reflecto thing seemed drawn out though.

There was a Legion Outpost book published a couple of years ago that interviewed everyone that had worked on the title worth getting if your a fan. From my recollection Grell pushed for more black characters to appear in the book. It might seem a bizarre notion these days that would be a problem but apparently he ran into resistence. One character in a story was actually switched to caucasion. He didn't care for the "all the black people live on an island" concept behind Tryoc & gave him a stupid costume. Personally I liked the costume & thought Tryoc had some pretty strong voice powers. He also designed Dawnstar's costume which I also really liked.

Fair play!