Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
A couple of activist booing her is nothing new for her or other candidates. I do find it significant that she's closing the gap in Iowa where Obama had been up 4 points, now it's 3.

I think the point of significance was that it happened so soon after the hostage incident, meaning that she didn't get a very large bounce of goodwill, despite what we've acknowledged was a decent handling of the affair.

And, as you know, polls typically have a sampling error built in of more than one point. Therefore, you can't honestly say she's "closing the gap" simply because in one poll Obama is ahead by four points and, in another, three points.

If the protestors were set out to send a message why would Clinton's handling of the hostage situation change what they were going to do? I guess it seems to be a rather poor basis to conclude that she didn't get much bounce. Polls can be tricky & unreliable but at least they have a much better random sample then say a group of protestors. It also only took a couple of points for Obama for the media and yourself to pronounce it a surge. That was also in the margin of error I believe.

But thanks for once again proving my point that you will try and spin everything her way, no matter what.

I responded to this on the hostage thread page 3.

I like how Clinton handled this.

I don't disagree.

However, with all due respect, Clinton could take a dump on your breakfast cereal and you'd say that you liked how she handled it, whereas if Rudy Guiliani or Fred Thompson had said the exact same thing as Hillary said here, you'd find a reason to attack it.

Not true. When the story about Clinton planting a question came out at that town hall meeting I said I thought it was wrong. When she performed poorly in that second to last debate I didn't claim she won it. Just two things that happened fairly recent. Granted I obviously like her but I'm also clearly not the rubber stamp you exagerate me to be.

You ever consider that it's your bias at work when you discount other people's opinion like this?

Fair play!