http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12545
 Quote:
Actors Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Gerard Butler talked to Superhero Hype about what's up with the Zack Snyder-helmed tentpole. Morgan talked about playing the Comedian, saying, "It's good. It's crazy. It's unlike anything I've ever been a part of and it's such a departure for me from anything I've done recently. They guy I'm playing is a little short on the moral end so it's rough. He doesn't have any; he has no morals. There's days that are rough. It's a stretch sometimes. Oddly enough, he's a superhero, but he does horrible things. For some reason, in reading the novel, you don't hate this guy even though he does things that are unmentionable. They are horrendous things. My job is to kind of make that translate, so as a viewer you end up not making excuses to like him, but you don't hate him like you should for doing the things that he does. It's a tough one. It's hard."

As for Butler playing a pirate? He said, I know they were talking about that and at one point that part was cut from the film because of budget, but then they were talking about it again so I don't know. They are right in the middle of the main body of the film and at this point I'm not sure. But even a tiny little thing I would do for Zack Snyder. He's my boy."

Finally, Comic Related has a report from someone who worked as an extra on the production. "We were told that the scenes for today involved the newsstand. The first scene was the newsvendor and the black kid reading the comic, and Walter Kovacs. I headed over to the newsstand and checked it out. There was the box for the black kid to sit on next to a fire hydrant (not the electrical power plug from the novel) next to the dingy green newsstand. Behind the kid was a poster advertising the issue of 'The Black Freighter' he'd be reading. On the newsstand, again, the set designers had done an incredible job. Set in October 1985, I was stunned to see that ALL of the magazines on the stand were from October 1985! These were not mock-ups or dummy covers, but the actual magazines culled from second hand stores in the city. The comics amongst the magazines were also from October 1985. Even the newspapers had that date though they might have been dummy copies. Funny that the DC comics were behind the Marvel ones. There was also a few dummy Newsweeks with Dr. Manhattan shaking hands with Adrian Veidt and a magazine with a close up of 'Nixon's' face. The guy they made up to look like an old Nixon is the spitting image. The vendor had a little TV set and a stool. There were gum and chocolate bars and a mini-fridge with drinks. On the inside wall close to the vendor was a poster advertising a magazine with Dr. Manhattan on the cover. For the record, the newsstand looked just like the one in the novel. Dr. Manhattan looked right. So did Veidt and Nixon. Everything from the novel had been recreated with precise detail."

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."