I joined and also suggested some changes to the rosters and stat columns.

Quote:
just some ideas if you don't mind my bringing them up...

- pitchers: three starters, three relievers, two generic 'p' spots. pitchers make such a huge difference that there should be enough pitching slots to balance the impact of the position players, but not so many that ALL OF THEM get gobbled up in the draft. the two 'p' spots let you strategize and choose between extra starters, extra closers, or middle relievers depending on the stats you need.

- other positions: only one infielder and one outfielder instead of two of each. it might be a good idea to keep it to a twenty-man roster - I know a twenty-five-man roster is baseball canon, but if you end up with ten or twelve teams in this league it's gonna be difficult for the teams who didn't draft well to be able to find decent talent in the free-agent pool. so basically one of each position, one 'util', three 'sp', three 'rp', two 'p', and one bench spot. again, if everyone has room for five guys on the bench, there'll be nothing left in the free-agent pool.

- two dl spots. I remember last season...

- stat categories: include holds - make people strategize with their bullpens instead of having four closers. drop at-bats, appearances, and outs - the first two are basically free points, and the third one can rapidly unbalance things if one team has a buncha workhorse eight-inning starters and the other team's guys rarely go more than six.

basically I'm suggesting these things to allow for a more even distribution of talent (or at least a deeper free agent pool) and to increase the importance of strategy over just grabbing blindly for big names and gunning it out in only four or five stat columns. any feedback would be more than welcome.

just some suggestions based on my experience with fantasy sports in general and fantasy baseball in particular. it annoys me when there's a team that can't compete because there aren't any decent free agents left, while top-tier players go unused on one guy's bench just because he doesn't want another guy to have them. it also annoys me when people build their entire team around nothing but homers, rbi, wins and saves - there are a lot of ballclubs with players who may lead those columns as individuals but those teams still don't end up winning it all. just some thoughts.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ