the G-man #934469 2008-03-23 9:59 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
ABC News:

• It’s not over.

That’s the message out of the Clinton campaign today. On a conference call with reporters Saturday, campaign aides responded to an article posted on politico.com that states that “Hillary Rodham Clinton has virtually no chance of winning” the nomination. The article also quotes an anonymous “important Clinton adviser” as saying privately that Clinton has no more than a ten percent chance of winning her race against Barack Obama.

“Sen. Clinton has been counted out many times in this campaign,” said communications director Howard Wolfson.

Wolfson said he had no idea who the unnamed “important Clinton advisor” was, but said that the ten percent comment did not reflect sentiment within the campaign.

“There are ten states yet to come. We have millions more Americans who are going to weigh in and express their preferences,” he said.

There was a poll done here a couple days ago in MN that showed Hillary beating McCain & Obama losing to McCain. This was a state Obama had one by a large margin. The Wright thing changed all that. My guess is that is going to be reflected in the remaining contests & superdelegates will know that Obama has virtually no chance of winning the general. They might still give it to him anyway & to be honest at this point the nomination is so tainted Hillary might be better off waiting for the next one. If Obama wins the nomination & then performs like Dukakis or Mondale, I doubt he'll be able to run again or be taken seriously if he does.

Last edited by Matter-eater Man; 2008-03-23 10:00 PM.

Fair play!
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
superdelegates will know that Obama has virtually no chance of winning the general. They might still give it to him anyway & to be honest at this point the nomination is so tainted Hillary might be better off waiting for the next one.

Says MEM a month later.

whomod #934491 2008-03-23 11:11 PM
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
This actually ties in with a theory I'd had for a while, namely, that: if Hillary isn't able to steal the nomination from Obama she might work against him (secretly if nothing else) in the hopes of running in 2012.

the G-man #934508 2008-03-23 11:40 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
This actually ties in with a theory I'd had for a while, namely, that: if Hillary isn't able to steal the nomination from Obama she might work against him (secretly if nothing else) in the hopes of running in 2012.

It's not really a theory but just an accusation that you & others will doubtlessly charge her with reguardless of the facts on the ground.

As for this race, Hillary is not in any capacity to steal the election. The rule book allows for the party to strip two states that Hillary won of their delegates & it also allows for superdelegates to vote anyway they want. Obama has no problem trying to get superdelegates to support him even if their from states that he lost to Hillary. Did he steal them? No, we all recognize that their free to chose. Yet it seems that their supposed to act differently when it comes to Hillary. In her case their supposed to look at who has the most pledged delegates.

And they only matter because neither candidate was able to get past the magic number of pledged delegates to win the nomination. Another rule lots of people either forget or don't want to talk about because it doesn't help Obama win.

Fair play!
whomod #934509 2008-03-24 12:05 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
superdelegates will know that Obama has virtually no chance of winning the general. They might still give it to him anyway & to be honest at this point the nomination is so tainted Hillary might be better off waiting for the next one.

Says MEM a month later.

That's only my guess Whomod. Obama still has plenty of time to show he can win the general & a month from now you can laugh at my prediction. However if it does end up being a case where it's pretty clear that he can't win do you think they should give it to him anyway?

I guess no matter what happens the party really needs to relook at its rules. It's been personally sad to see us go from every vote counts to the nomination probably hinging on two states being stripped of their delegates. While Hillary's attempts at getting those states a chance to revote can be looked at self-serving, she's still right. Obama not supporting revotes were just as self-serving & very much wrong. His idea of dividing delegates to give himself support that he never received from an election is truly stealing in my book.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:
I guess no matter what happens the party really needs to relook at its rules.

These would be rules that Hillary was involved in writing as far back as 1972.

the G-man #934517 2008-03-24 12:15 AM
the Offline
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Wonder Boy content User leaving Whomod, rex and Ray Adler to fry in their own bile
3000+ posts Sun Mar 23 2008 09:12 PM Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Hillary in 2008

the #934521 2008-03-24 12:18 AM
the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Matter-eater Man argumentative User Fair Play!
4000+ posts Sun Mar 23 2008 09:18 PM Reading a post

the #934522 2008-03-24 12:19 AM
the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Matter-eater Man argumentative User Fair Play!
4000+ posts Sun Mar 23 2008 09:19 PM Making a new reply
Thread: Re: Hillary in 08!

the #934523 2008-03-24 12:22 AM
the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Wonder Boy content User leaving Whomod, rex and Ray Adler to fry in their own bile
3000+ posts Sun Mar 23 2008 09:21 PM Reading a post

the #934530 2008-03-24 12:26 AM
the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Pariah nerdy Moderator Don't mind him. He used to be an Irishman.
15000+ posts Sun Mar 23 2008 09:26 PM Reading a post

the G-man #934537 2008-03-24 12:30 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
I guess no matter what happens the party really needs to relook at its rules.

These would be rules that Hillary was involved in writing as far back as 1972.

I believe she has no problem with the rules that govern superdelegates G-man. But really what does it matter if she was involved in the process?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Irony's a bitch, MEM. That's all.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
Without a rule-change to include votes from Michigan and Florida, Obama will inevitably have more votes than Hillary. Even though his is the more wounded candidacy at this point (Rev. Wright, close association with the indicted Tony Rezko, Obama's insincerity regarding NAFTA in communication with the Canadian government, and lying to American voters, his evasive voting record, etc.)

But none of the Dems will be man enough to deny the nomination to the first viable african-American candidate, who has the highest share of delegates. And risk being labelled a racist.

Although Hillary's wagon isn't far behind.

I wouldn't be [too] sure on that. Hillary still has more superdelegates in her corner that don't seem to be afraid of being labelled racist. However, I do get the feeling that the leaders in my party will try to pressure the superdelegates to give it to Obama. These are the same old windbags that when Obama talks about needing change comes to my mind.

Yeah, I agree it's very close. But that the party insiders are pushing it toward Obama over Hillary.

But if Hillary wins the popular vote, I don't see how they can deny her the nomination.

Regardless, I'll give Hillary this: She's tenacious as hell, and won't go down easy. She really wants the job, and she's fighting very hard for it.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Without a rule-change to include votes from Michigan and Florida, Obama will inevitably have more votes than Hillary. Even though his is the more wounded candidacy at this point (Rev. Wright, close association with the indicted Tony Rezko, Obama's insincerity regarding NAFTA in communication with the Canadian government, and lying to American voters, his evasive voting record, etc.)

But none of the Dems will be man enough to deny the nomination to the first viable african-American candidate, who has the highest share of delegates. And risk being labelled a racist.

Although Hillary's wagon isn't far behind.

I wouldn't be [too] sure on that. Hillary still has more superdelegates in her corner that don't seem to be afraid of being labelled racist. However, I do get the feeling that the leaders in my party will try to pressure the superdelegates to give it to Obama. These are the same old windbags that when Obama talks about needing change comes to my mind.

Yeah, I agree it's very close. But that the party insiders are pushing it toward Obama over Hillary.

But if Hillary wins the popular vote, I don't see how they can deny her the nomination.

Regardless, I'll give Hillary this: She's tenacious as hell, and won't go down easy. She really wants the job, and she's fighting very hard for it.

Agreed pretty much. It will be tough for her to do it but I think it can be done because of the Wright thing.

This has to be fun for some of you guys who are not big fans of liberals ;\)

Fair play!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
I'm gonna go on a limb here and say that Jesus did not die on the cross for Hillary's superdelegates.

Again, you have to keep in mind that this is the week that the Associated Press finally went there and talked about Bill Clinton and Monica having relations in the White House while Hillary was in the house. So, it's understandable that the Clintons and their allies are throwing everything they can at Obama to change the subject, even going so far as to use Holy Week - the crucifixion of Jesus - for their own partisan gain.

It's funny. The Clintons have criticized Obama for saying that Hillary would do anything, say anything, to win. I think abusing the crucifixion for political gain, the day before Easter, ranks pretty high up in the say-anything-do-anything category.

From the NYT:

Quote:
“An act of betrayal,” said James Carville, an adviser to Mrs. Clinton and a friend of Mr. Clinton.

“Mr. Richardson’s endorsement came right around the anniversary of the day when Judas sold out for 30 pieces of silver, so I think the timing is appropriate, if ironic,” Mr. Carville said, referring to Holy Week.

That gets a whopping 10 roll of the eyes!

Plus a short YouTube video of why i just have to laugh when it's suggested that Hillary and by extension her advisors are categorized as "liberals". And I have to give a hand to whoever made this clip as it succinctly shows just how much of an asshole Carville (and the DLC) is.

The title of the clip labels them more accurately IMO. "Republican Stooge" indeed.

whomod #934578 2008-03-24 10:36 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I'll go along with Carville being an asshole but so is Obama. I found his non-support for revotes & support of stealling delegates from Florida & Michigan by divying up delegates 50/50 much worse.

Fair play!
Wonder Boy #934579 2008-03-24 10:50 AM
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I'll give Hillary this: She's tenacious as hell, and won't go down easy.

that's why Bill went for Monica!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
It will be tough for her to do it but I think it can be done because of the Wright thing.

American Spectator:
  • The 1998 White House photo of Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., and President Bill Clinton at a prayer service (one where Vice President Al Gore was in attendance, as was Hillary Rodham Clinton, according to her schedule), isn't the only foray the Clintons had with Wright.

According to former Clinton White House aides, Wright had been identified as a potential "influencer" for the African-American community by the Administration back in 1993.

"Reverend Wright was someone we very much wanted to cultivate and develop," says one aide familiar with the outreach attempts. "We had him on short lists for various commissions and working groups. He and his church were recommended as potential sponsors of White House events in Chicago for our advance office. He was on our radar screen very early on."

The 1998 White House photo of Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., and President Bill Clinton at a prayer service (one where Vice President Al Gore was in attendance, as was Hillary Rodham Clinton, according to her schedule), isn't the only foray the Clintons had with Wright.

According to former Clinton White House aides, Wright had been identified as a potential "influencer" for the African-American community by the Administration back in 1993.

"Reverend Wright was someone we very much wanted to cultivate and develop," says one aide familiar with the outreach attempts. "We had him on short lists for various commissions and working groups. He and his church were recommended as potential sponsors of White House events in Chicago for our advance office. He was on our radar screen very early on."

the G-man #934593 2008-03-24 3:48 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It will be tough for her to do it but I think it can be done because of the Wright thing.

American Spectator:
  • The 1998 White House photo of Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., and President Bill Clinton at a prayer service (one where Vice President Al Gore was in attendance, as was Hillary Rodham Clinton, according to her schedule), isn't the only foray the Clintons had with Wright.

The 1998 White House photo of Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., and President Bill Clinton at a prayer service (one where Vice President Al Gore was in attendance, as was Hillary Rodham Clinton, according to her schedule), isn't the only foray the Clintons had with Wright.

That's hardly surprising. The guy was a pastor from Chicago's largest black church. It's not controversial either since this was well before Wright's 9/11 sermon. So G-man what exactly does it really mean to you & others G-man? Is this an attempt to somehow make it look like the Clintons are in a comparable situation to Obama's 20 yr attendence to the church & making Wright his spiritual advisor? If so it seems deceptive on your part.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You must concede, however, that it makes it much more difficult for Clinton to exploit the situation if she has ties to him too, however minimal compared to Obama's.

the G-man #934596 2008-03-24 4:07 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
You must concede, however, that it makes it much more difficult for Clinton to exploit the situation if she has ties to him too, however minimal compared to Obama's.

No because it is so minimal that it's questionable to even compare the two. In another thread you took Whomod to task for McCain trying to enlist the aid of a controversial religous leader. You can see where that's not in the same category as Wright but with Clinton you raise the bar. Any connection however small is presented.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
BTW it's not like Hillary's campaign is exploiting Wright like Obama did with Ferraro. They've been very careful not to give Obama yet another race card to play on the Wright contoversy.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Obviously, the level of involvement with Wright is much more minimal with Clinton than Obama.

However, it's still with Wright (as opposed to another controversial minister).

Therefore, it becomes much more difficult for Hillary to criticize Obama for his actions towards Wright, insofar as the Clintons also reached out to Wright.

the G-man #934618 2008-03-24 8:09 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
that's just silly, Obama sat in the church and knew what wright was preaching, people arent as stupid as you think g-man

the G-man #934625 2008-03-24 8:46 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Obviously, the level of involvement with Wright is much more minimal with Clinton than Obama.

However, it's still with Wright (as opposed to another controversial minister).

Therefore, it becomes much more difficult for Hillary to criticize Obama for his actions towards Wright, insofar as the Clintons also reached out to Wright.

But G-man, you're playing like if Wright is some heinous monster that is an aberration. A lot of black people do talk like that. Just like a lot of white people talk about neighborhoods not being nice anymore if a minority moves in.

Honestly when I heard Wright talk, it really wasn';t as shocking as a lot of the media play it out to be. i hear that sort of talk all the time in Compton. I even get a lot of the receiving end of hostility routinely because I'm perceived as "the man", a figure of authority that must instantly be challenged and must be against the person aiming their ire towards me. It's all par for the course.

Just like it's not shocking to hear people whisper and ask me if blacks or Mexicans live in these apartments in my other job as manager of my building. People also do that in confidence when they mistake me or my wife as white.

Things like that really don't faze me because it's part of a lot of people's nature. To talk different when they're in confidence amongst their own.

So white people think it's shocking that some blacks think the Govt. created AIDS. Well, it's not that far fetched to people that still remember th Tuskegee experiments which aren't some wild conspiracy theory. In fact I seem to recall an episode of Montel that touched on that years ago, wild conspiracy or otherwise. So to think this comes out of the sick diseased mind of Rev. Wright is fooling yourself just as it'd be fooling yourself to think that only 1 or 2 crazy preachers think 9/11 and/or Katrina was retribution for sin.

Shit, just yesterday I heard my preacher say this nation was in decline because of sin and Iraq won't be won because the bible says there won't be peace in the middle east until Jesus returns..

That could be either right wing or left wing, anti-American or notright there depending on how you read into it.

whomod #934626 2008-03-24 8:52 PM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
A lot of black people do talk like that. Just like a lot of white people talk about neighborhoods not being nice anymore if a minority moves in.

And when a white man says it in public, he's demonized. The left attack and want him fired, humiliated, and ostracized. Don't be whiny when the other shoe finally drops.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
thedoctor #934629 2008-03-24 9:09 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
A lot of black people do talk like that. Just like a lot of white people talk about neighborhoods not being nice anymore if a minority moves in.

And when a white man says it in public, he's demonized. The left attack and want him fired, humiliated, and ostracized. Don't be whiny when the other shoe finally drops.

Wel then that's fine. Take your pound of flesh with Pastor Wright. but you want to tar Obama by association. That's be like me calling YOU a racist because you like hanging out here and agreeing with Wonder Boy and Pariah a lot of them time. So naturally that must mean you agree with Pariah saying Mexicans are worthless and blacks were too stupid and lazy to save themselves during Katrina.

Or not. Which is my point. You can hang out with people who hold racist tendencies and not necessarily be a racist just because you do so. That'd be like saying I'm racist because I like Guns N Roses and I once sat there in the L.A. Coliseum while a drunk Axle Rose spewed off against blacks. And I had the temerity to actually enjoy the show after that when I could have simply walked out.

whomod #934631 2008-03-24 9:15 PM
Pariah Offline OP
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
So naturally that must mean you agree with Pariah saying Mexicans are worthless and blacks were too stupid and lazy to save themselves during Katrina.

Uh....Yeah, where did I say this exactly?

Pariah #934632 2008-03-24 9:22 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
So naturally that must mean you agree with Pariah saying Mexicans are worthless and blacks were too stupid and lazy to save themselves during Katrina.

Uh....Yeah, where did I say this exactly?

Originally Posted By: Pariah
Nobody like him drowned in Hurricane Katrina — he got his people together and got the hell out, then went back in to rescue those too helpless and stupid to help themselves, often as a police officer, a National Guard soldier or a volunteer firefighter.

OK, one could argue that you didn't mean blacks. But considering most of the people [stuck] in New Orleans were black, one can't help but to draw that conclusion. And like WB, one could argue that you didn't write that. But you did post it so I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that you agree with it.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
BTW it's not like Hillary's campaign is exploiting Wright like Obama did with Ferraro. They've been very careful not to give Obama yet another race card to play on the Wright contoversy.

So instead of the race card which frankly they're crap at playing, they had Bill come out and question Obama's patriotism. Something that was then swatted down by Obama advisor Merrill McPeak, a retired air force general.

With Democrats like these trying to find and exploit the wedge issues that frankly, affect NO ONES lives, who needs Republicans? Oh wait.... they're DLC Democrats.

whomod #934645 2008-03-24 10:29 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

So instead of the race card which frankly they're crap at playing, they had Bill come out and question Obama's patriotism. Something that was then swatted down by Obama advisor Merrill McPeak, a retired air force general.

With Democrats like these trying to find and exploit the wedge issues that frankly, affect NO ONES lives, who needs Republicans? Oh wait.... they're DLC Democrats.

Whats a DLC Democrat?

Anyway this is what Bill Clinton actually said ''I think it would be a great thing if we had an election year where you had two people who loved this country and were devoted to the interests of this country,'' he told a group of veterans on Friday in Charlotte, North Carolina.
He added, ''people could actually ask themselves who is right on these issues, instead of all this other stuff that always seems to intrude itself on our politics.''

Obama had one of his lackeys come out & attack him just like any other politician would do. Richardson who recently endorsed Obama doesn't agree with the Obama campaign on this one. I think Obama going after this is a bit of a stretch & lacks merit. It's just one more thing that shows me he's really got people fooled into thinking he's actually something different.

Fair play!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Whats a DLC Democrat?

The Democratic Leadership Council. Ironically and thankfully a group that tried to wrangle Obama in during his '06 speech by implying he was with them but Obama soundly rejected.

Quote:
The DLC's mission is to erase the last vestiges of social democracy from the Democratic Party, so that the corporate consensus will never again be challenged in the United States. Acting as a Republican Trojan Horse in the bowels of the Democratic machinery, the DLC claims the "real" party lives somewhere off to the right, where George Bush dwells, and that minorities, unionists, environmentalists, feminists, men and women of peace - virtually every branch of the party except corporatists - must be purged or muzzled.

If you can dig up that Carville video I posted last night, that is essentially what had Carville's panties in a bunch. That Dean's Democrats were honest to goodness Democrats and that Dean didn't funnel money to his corporatist DLC branch of the Democratic party as has been the case for the past Democratic Party losing decade.

Basically I see these fucks as Republican in Dem clothing.

oh, BTW.....

Connecticut paper apologizes for endorsing Lieberman in 2006

whomod #934714 2008-03-25 4:05 AM
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
You really hate white people, don't you?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
rex #934736 2008-03-25 12:57 PM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080325/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_bosnia
 Quote:
Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign said she "misspoke" last week when saying she had landed under sniper fire during a trip to Bosnia as first lady in March 1996. She later characterized the episode as a "misstatement" and a "minor blip."

The Obama campaign suggested the statement was a deliberate exaggeration by Clinton, who often cites the goodwill trip with her daughter and several celebrities as an example of her foreign policy experience.

During a speech last Monday on Iraq, she said of the Bosnia trip: "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

According to an Associated Press story at the time, Clinton was placed under no extraordinary risks on the trip. And one of her companions, comedian Sinbad, told The Washington Post he has no recollection either of the threat or reality of gunfire.

When asked Monday about the New York senator's remarks about the trip, Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson pointed to Clinton's written account of it in her book, "Living History," in which she described a shortened welcoming ceremony at Tuzla Air Base, Bosnia-Herzegovina.

"Due to reports of snipers in the hills around the airstrip, we were forced to cut short an event on the tarmac with local children, though we did have time to meet them and their teachers and to learn how hard they had worked during the war to continue classes in any safe spot they could find," Clinton wrote.

"That is what she wrote in her book," Wolfson said. "That is what she has said many, many times and on one occasion she misspoke."

Asked about the issue during a meeting with the Philadelphia Daily News' editorial board on Monday, Clinton said she "misspoke."

"I went to 80 countries, you know. I gave contemporaneous accounts, I wrote about a lot of this in my book. You know, I think that, a minor blip, you know, if I said something that, you know, I say a lot of things — millions of words a day — so if I misspoke, that was just a misstatement," she said.

A spokesman for rival Barack Obama's campaign questioned whether Clinton misspoke, saying her comments came in what appeared to be prepared remarks for the Iraq speech. His campaign's statement included a link to the speech on Clinton's campaign Web site with her account of running to the cars. Clinton's campaign said what is on the Web site is not the prepared text, but a transcript of her remarks, including comments before the speech in which she talked about the trip to Bosnia.

Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor said in a written statement that Clinton's Bosnia story "joins a growing list of instances in which Senator Clinton has exaggerated her role in foreign and domestic policymaking."

The Obama campaign statement also links to a CBS News video of the Bosnia trip posted on YouTube, which shows Clinton and her daughter, Chelsea, walking across the tarmac from a large cargo plane, smiling and waving, and stopping to shake hands with Bosnia's acting president and greet an 8-year-old girl.

"This is something that the Obama campaign wants to push 'cause they have nothing positive to say about their candidate," Wolfson said Monday.

Clinton's written account contradicts her comments last Monday about the welcoming ceremony.

Just after the speech, Clinton reaffirmed the account of running from the plane to the cars when she was asked about it during a news conference. She said was moved into the cockpit of the C-17 cargo plane as they were flying into Tuzla Air Base.

"Everyone else was told to sit on their bulletproof vests," Clinton said. "And we came in, in an evasive maneuver. ... There was no greeting ceremony, and we basically were told to run to our cars. Now, that is what happened."

Former Army Secretary Togo West, who accompanied Clinton to Bosnia, said he was not surprised "that there could be confusion" when someone who has taken a number of trips tries to recall details of a particular trip 12 years earlier.

"The important thing is that she was there. Our soldiers saw she was there and heard her and knew that our country cared about them and what they were doing," West told the AP during a telephone interview.

For those of you not in the know, 'misspoke' is politico for 'lied'.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
thedoctor #934739 2008-03-25 1:43 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
This was really idiotic on her part.

She was the First Lady of the United States at the time of this trip. It boggles the mind to think that people wouldn't realize that the Secret Service never would have let her off the plane if there was going to be "sniper fire" going off at the time.

She's getting desperate and, as a result, sloppy.

thedoctor #934748 2008-03-25 3:10 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

For those of you not in the know, 'misspoke' is politico for 'lied'.

I had to laugh when her team said that. She was caught in a blatant lie that, as G-man pointed out, is pretty easy to check and defies common sense.

This woman would have us believe that she routinely went abroad on dangerous and vital missions for the United States, risking life and limb and getting shot at in war zones.

there really is a case to be made for Munchhausen syndrome here.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Hillary spokesman now says "on one occasion she misspoke" about Bosnia - no, she said it four times over as many months.

Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson told reporters yesterday that Hillary only misspoke "on one occasion" when she told voters that she arrived in Bosnia in 1996 under sniper fire and had to run for cover after the opening ceremony was canceled because of the gunfire. That's a flat-out lie. Hillary made similar claims at least fourtimes since last December. And what's worse, her campaign repeatedly defended the "misspoken" comments, and even sent surrogates out to defend them, claiming they were true. Rather than admitting that Hillary screwed up, and puffed up her resume, the campaign is now choosing to lie to us about facts we already know.

This is the Keith Olbermann segment about Hillary's false claims: Hillary spokesman Howard Wolfson claimed the following yesterday, per Olbermann: "It's possible she misspoke." Possible? Did she also misspeak the four other times she claimed the exact same story?

Quote:
- In Dubuque, Iowa in December Hillary claimed that Bosnia was too dangerous for the president and that she ran across the tarmac.

- In late February, Hillary claimed during the White House 3 am phone ad roll-out that sniper fire forced the airport ceremony inside.

- In a March 17, 2008 press conference Hillary repeated the claims.

- In her March 17, 2008 prepared remarks - PREPARED remarks, i.e., these remarks were intentional - she said the same thing.

Let's revisit the latest details, per Olbermann:

Quote:
Hillary's spokesman Howard Wolfson is now saying she was on the front lines by landing at the airport. As Olbermann noted, there was an 8 year old girl with flowers on those front lines, the US military commander in charge at the time said there was no threat of enemy fire, and Hillary herself stopped and took photos with military personnel. These were the front lines, but Hillary was doing photo opps with soldiers and 8 year old girls?

Here is Hillary's latest explanation, per yesterday:

Quote:
Hillary: "I was also told that the greeting ceremony had been moved away from the tarmac but there was this 8 year old girl and I can't rush by her, I have to at least greet her, so I took her stuff and then I left."

Again, bull. There are photos and videos of Hillary and Chelsea posing with troops for photos on the tarmac. It was too dangerous for Hillary to linger any longer than a quick hug with a kid but the troops then put the president's wife's and daughter's lives at risk by posing for glamor shots? Then there's this:

[quote][b] Hillary yesterday: "I say a lot of things -- millions of words a day -- so if I misspoke, that was jsut a misstatement."

2 million words a day = 83,333 words an hour = 1388 words a minute = 23 words a second. Yes, you do say a lot of things.

Late February. This time, Hillary "particularly remembered" her heroic tale of valor in Bosnia that never happened. So that makes how many times now that Hillary particularly misspoke only "once"?

A Deliberate Pattern-Clinton Told Sniper Fire Tale on Feb 29

Oh, and here's the CBS report from a reporter who was also on the very trip to Tuzla:

CBS Exposes Hillary Clinton Bosnia Trip.

whomod #934758 2008-03-25 3:55 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
So Obama lied about sending someone to Canada to reassure them about his NAFTA rhetoric. Politician pad, exagerate & lie.

Fair play!
whomod #934759 2008-03-25 3:57 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

there really is a case to be made for Munchhausen syndrome here.

Not really. Munchausen syndrome "is a psychiatric disorder that causes an individual to self-inflict injury or illness or to fabricate symptoms of physical or mental illness, in order to receive medical care or hospitalization."

I see no evidence that Hillary fakes medical problems. She's just a liar.

Page 39 of 66 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard