Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 58 of 66 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 65 66
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
This is a shift in tactics from the extortion and threats that they employed last month against Pelosi and Dean.

The Huffington post:

Quote:
One of Sen. Hillary Clinton's top financial supporters offered $1 million to the Young Democrats of America during a phone conversation in which he also pressed for the organization's two uncommitted superdelegates to endorse the New York Democrat, a high-ranking official with YDA told The Huffington Post.

Haim Saban, the billionaire entertainment magnate and longtime Clinton supporter, denied the allegation. But four independent sources said that just before the North Carolina and Indiana primaries, Saban called YDA President David Hardt and offered what was perceived as a lucrative proposal: $1 million would be made available for the group if Hardt and the organization's other superdelegate backed Clinton....

Saban is the nation's largest political campaign contributor over the last decade, FEC records show, giving nearly $13 million since 1999 to dozens of candidates, PACs, and Democratic campaign committees....

In March, high-ranking donors for Sen. Clinton, including Saban, sent a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi chastising her for suggesting that superdelegates had a responsibility to support the candidate who finished the primary process leading in the pledge delegate count.

whomod #945152 2008-05-19 10:40 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Well if there are really 4 independent sources I would expect some charges to be filed...unless it's bs.

BTW how do you feel about the black superdelegates who support Hillary who are getting nasty letters & threats? Black superdelegates backing Clinton are being "threatened"

Fair play!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Threats are never any good and are in fact counterproductive IMO.

I'm just surprised they'd stick around even after all the race baiting Clinton has engaged in. Must be some sweet perks they've been promised.

whomod #945161 2008-05-20 12:05 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
Threats are never any good and are in fact counterproductive IMO.

I'm just surprised they'd stick around even after all the race baiting Clinton has engaged in. Must be some sweet perks they've been promised.

Oh even your guy Obama backed away from that charge after his little "I'm troubled" comment. It's sad that crap allegations like Hillary belittling MLK was even taken seriously. It doesn't even make sense accept that it was the best that some Obama supporters could scrape up to allege racism.

Fair play!
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
I think that's why she has fought so long, so in '12 when she goes up against McCain no one will try and challenge her for the nomination...

Actually I think it's a given that she will be strongly challenged in a '12 run. Obama for starters, no matter how bad he loses the general would almost certainley be back.

I think she's mostly fighting because she still has a chance at getting the nomination however slim. That & the fighter image is really a part of who she is.

If Obama loses the general, he won't be back. You know that Dems don't give you another cahnce if you lose.

Without some heinous scandal or serious misstep on Obama's part, she can't win. Doesn't matter how she tries to spin the numbers. Doesn't matter that she wants the rules changed re: Fl and MI delegates. Doesn't matter that her so-called popular vote lead doesn't count the caucus states and counts the votes in FL/MI. The woman is very intelligent and she must know that.

The argument has been made that she had to stay in because it was obvious that she was going to win WV and KY whether she was in the race or not. It would be that much more embarrassing for him to lose if she weren't even in the race any longer. Staying in thru today actually helps Obama...it kind of gave him an excuse to not campaign in either state, though I think it is the most serious mistake in what has been a masterful campaign to this point. He's been able to focus on McCain and the general while Hillary drums support for the Democrats that...if she will actually legitimately campaign for him...could be useful in November.

The fighting image is a boondoggle...what she's really doing is laying the foundation for her 2012 campaign. I think she'll try to run even if Obama becomes the best 1st term president in history.

Oderint, dum metuant.

You are a god damned idiot, you know that? You ought to be smacked upside your dumb-fuck head, even after all these years. Shame on you!
-USCHI showin' some love

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I think she's also staying in in hopes of getting her money back that she lent her campaign. Once she calls her bid off, there's no chance of that happening. She won't be able to fund raise for that fund and repay herself.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
thedoctor #945235 2008-05-20 1:52 PM
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Top Clinton aide considers job with Obama camp: Strategist for Obama reaches out to Hillary's former campaign manager about joining forces.

Not a good sign for Hillary if a "top" aide is thinking of jumping ship at this moment, despite her recent wins (and expected showings today). It tends to indicate that her own people are starting to realize that, no matter what, she won't be the nominee.

the G-man #945243 2008-05-20 2:38 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Remember, Karl Rove says she can win. And Hillary's now clinging to that.

Never does it cross that woman's head that perhaps all these right wingers backing her and endorsing her want her to keep on running to hurt Democrats chances in the fall.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: THE Bastard
I think that's why she has fought so long, so in '12 when she goes up against McCain no one will try and challenge her for the nomination...

Actually I think it's a given that she will be strongly challenged in a '12 run. Obama for starters, no matter how bad he loses the general would almost certainley be back.

I think she's mostly fighting because she still has a chance at getting the nomination however slim. That & the fighter image is really a part of who she is.

If Obama loses the general, he won't be back. You know that Dems don't give you another cahnce if you lose.

Without some heinous scandal or serious misstep on Obama's part, she can't win. Doesn't matter how she tries to spin the numbers. Doesn't matter that she wants the rules changed re: Fl and MI delegates. Doesn't matter that her so-called popular vote lead doesn't count the caucus states and counts the votes in FL/MI. The woman is very intelligent and she must know that.

The argument has been made that she had to stay in because it was obvious that she was going to win WV and KY whether she was in the race or not. It would be that much more embarrassing for him to lose if she weren't even in the race any longer. Staying in thru today actually helps Obama...it kind of gave him an excuse to not campaign in either state, though I think it is the most serious mistake in what has been a masterful campaign to this point. He's been able to focus on McCain and the general while Hillary drums support for the Democrats that...if she will actually legitimately campaign for him...could be useful in November.

The fighting image is a boondoggle...what she's really doing is laying the foundation for her 2012 campaign. I think she'll try to run even if Obama becomes the best 1st term president in history.

She won't run in '12 if Obama somehow manages the impossable & wins a general. That's the type of thing only someone like Ted Kennedy would & did do.

Obama has been focussing on McCain to draw attention away from his huge losses. These state like the other swing states are not going to be winnable no matter how much he fights for them. Since the media has already corronated him he can afford to play it this way. And the problem with talking about the delegate math is that it's glossed over that his higher number is due to lopsided wins in states he has no chance of winning in a general election.

BTW lets not kid ourselves about Florida & Michigan. Their only being kept out because they mess up Obama's chances at the nomination. Arguements about how they need to be punished & rules will be quickly abandoned by Obama supporters if he gets the nomination or Hillary drops out, count on it. That's not going to make many Hillary supporters happy either IMHO.

I guess we also dissagree about Obama running again but I think time will prove me right on that one too.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The last I heard, even if they seated the MI and FL delegates Obama would still be ahead.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Obama has been focussing on McCain to draw attention away from his huge losses.

Quote:
These state like the other swing states are not going to be winnable no matter how much he fights for them. Since the media has already corronated him he can afford to play it this way. And the problem with talking about the delegate math is that it's glossed over that his higher number is due to lopsided wins in states he has no chance of winning in a general election.

BTW lets not kid ourselves about Florida & Michigan. Their only being kept out because they mess up Obama's chances at the nomination. Arguements about how they need to be punished & rules will be quickly abandoned by Obama supporters if he gets the nomination or Hillary drops out, count on it. That's not going to make many Hillary supporters happy either IMHO.

I guess we also dissagree about Obama running again but I think time will prove me right on that one too.

It's a conspiracy!

Or you're fucking high.

Obama has been focusing on McCain because he's trying to make up for Hillary wasting all our time and letting McCain gain an advantage by running basically unopposed thanks to Hillary refusing to drop out even though she has no realistic chance of winning.

BTW, over the weekend Obama picked up 10 supers, Hill only 3. But I suppose that's a conspiracy too.

As far as the media, perhaps they are focused on obama VS McCain because they too live in reality and can count. Real math, not Hillary math.

whomod #945287 2008-05-20 6:29 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

the G-man #945303 2008-05-20 7:20 PM
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
The last I heard, even if they seated the MI and FL delegates Obama would still be ahead.

True story.

Oderint, dum metuant.

You are a god damned idiot, you know that? You ought to be smacked upside your dumb-fuck head, even after all these years. Shame on you!
-USCHI showin' some love

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
She won't run in '12 if Obama somehow manages the impossable & wins a general. That's the type of thing only someone like Ted Kennedy would & did do.

I would not put anything past Hillary and her political aspirations. It can be argued that she'd have more impact for a longer period of time as Majority Leader in the Senate or as a Supreme Court Justice...2 possiblities floated once she quits the race and helps Obama win. It seems like she wants the title more than the position

Quote:
Obama has been focussing on McCain to draw attention away from his huge losses. These state like the other swing states are not going to be winnable no matter how much he fights for them.

I might agree that neither WV or KY are going to be winnable in the general. As I said, I think he should have at least made more than a token appearance in both states rather than just totally cede them to Hillary. However, I think that both of those states are tough for him even if he'd campaigned everyday for 2 weeks. I am extremely familiar with WV as my wife is from there. I've spent considerable time there over the past 19 years. I can say without question that Obama's race is a negative factor in that state. Since all reports I've heard or read about Kentucky suggest that it is very similar in terms of racial make-up, education and economic factors as West Virginia, it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't win the state in November.

As far as the other swing states go...he can win Ohio. He will win Pennsylvania. He could truly contest Florida. I find the arguement that he can't or won't win the swings in November to be ridiculous if only because I think that many Dems will vote party line just to keep the idea of a continuance of Bush's policies out of office.

Quote:
Since the media has already corronated him he can afford to play it this way.

Have they actually coronated him or are they simply reporting that, mathmatically, Hillary has no chance? Is that the media's bias or yours that's showing?

Quote:
And the problem with talking about the delegate math is that it's glossed over that his higher number is due to lopsided wins in states he has no chance of winning in a general election.

Ok...let's say that he doesn't win Georgia...though he has a better than 50/50 shot. Lets say that he doesn't win South Carolina...though he probably has at least a 40% chance. Same with Virginia. Are you honestly going to tell me that a socially liberal Democrat won't win California, New York and Massachusetts? These are the states that Hillary says he can't win cuz she won them. C'mon, MEM. Try to look at this objectively.

Quote:
BTW lets not kid ourselves about Florida & Michigan. Their only being kept out because they mess up Obama's chances at the nomination.

Umm...even if they seat those delegates, Hillary still can't win.

Quote:
[Arguements about how they need to be punished & rules will be quickly abandoned by Obama supporters if he gets the nomination or Hillary drops out, count on it. That's not going to make many Hillary supporters happy either IMHO.

Given that ALL the candidates agreed that FL and MI would not count because those states knowingly broke the rules set up by the DNC...given that he doesn't need those states to win the nomination...given that Hillary has had almost no chance of winning even if the dlegates were counted since before the Pennsylvania primary...given that Obama didn't campaign in either state and it has been proven that when he campaigns he closes and/or eliminates any lead held by Clinton...I don't see why it would matter to him one way or another if the delegates are seated or not. In fact, the only reason to seat them is just to avoid those delegates causing trouble at the convention. This helps the party...not just Obama.

Quote:

If he were to lose, there is no way that he would make another attempt so soon. It would make more sense for him to wait until 2016 or even 2020. Your (and most people's) biggest knock against him is the experience factor. He's a relatively young man. I think he's smart enough to bide his time, build a more accomplished record in the Senate, possibly even run for Govenor of Illinois...and THEN run.

To be honest with you, I think he ran this time without expecting to win. I think he wanted to get his feet wet, get his brand out there, build a national presence to help fund raise and be better prepared for a run in 2012 if Hillary (the assumed nominee since 2005) lost or in 2016.

Face it...if Hillary had had a better campaign strategy beyond "I'm Hillary, dammit!!" and actually had an been organized after Super Tuesday, she would have definitely won the nomination. How can you really get angry that he campaign was out-hustled by Obama's?

Oderint, dum metuant.

-USCHI showin' some love

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Quote:
I might agree that neither WV or KY are going to be winnable in the general. As I said, I think he should have at least made more than a token appearance in both states rather than just totally cede them to Hillary. However, I think that both of those states are tough for him even if he'd campaigned everyday for 2 weeks. I am extremely familiar with WV as my wife is from there. I've spent considerable time there over the past 19 years. I can say without question that Obama's race is a negative factor in that state.

yes i hear the state is full of white people. they all hate black people.

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
 Quote:
I might agree that neither WV or KY are going to be winnable in the general. As I said, I think he should have at least made more than a token appearance in both states rather than just totally cede them to Hillary. However, I think that both of those states are tough for him even if he'd campaigned everyday for 2 weeks. I am extremely familiar with WV as my wife is from there. I've spent considerable time there over the past 19 years. I can say without question that Obama's race is a negative factor in that state.

yes i hear the state is full of white people. they all hate black people.

Nope...not all of them. My mother-in-law is white. Obviously she doesn't hate black folks or else my wife wouldn't be here. However, there are definitely some people in her family that would just as soon string me up as look at me.

Seriously...if you can be for a moment...don't you think that there are people in those states that won't vote for Obama simply because he's black? Obviously, I don't know every white person in WV. However, I have been there enough and experienced enough casual and overt racism...not to mention knowing the experiences of my black in-laws...to feel comfortable saying that there are enough people in that state that will simply not vote for a black man. Enough of them so that it is very unlikely that he'd win the state in the general.

Of course, I understand that there are people like that in every state. Just as there are black people that are voting for Obama JUST BECAUSE he's black. However, WV is something like 95% white. Even if only 10% of those are bigots, their vote combined with the ones that may have more legitimate (in their eyes) reasons to not vote for him will result in Obama losing the state.

Oderint, dum metuant.

-USCHI showin' some love

THE Bastard #945410 2008-05-20 10:57 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
it's just funny and not your fault that the headline on Yahoo says race a factor in Clinton Ky Win, same for the WV. but when Obama's Carolina wins were framed that way it was a racist remark. again not your fault, but in the other thread i was labeled someone that uses the phrase nigger regularly by you based on nothing other than i am white, so i assume that is your logic in KY also...

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
I don't think that it was racist to attribute Obama's NC, GA, SC or VA wins to those states large black populations. It's true.

I do think that it is "racist" if some of those black folks are voting for Obama simply cuz he's black. It's no different than some whites voting against him for the same reason. It's also no different from people...mostly men but more women than you'd think...voting against Hillary due to her gender.

Oderint, dum metuant.

-USCHI showin' some love

THE Bastard #945433 2008-05-20 11:14 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
so whomod's a racist!

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Sincerely, 2004

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
so whomod's a racist!

?

Seriously, what are you talking about? I don't know the history of the fued between you and whomod

Oderint, dum metuant.

-USCHI showin' some love

THE Bastard #945446 2008-05-20 11:26 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
it's really a conflict of personalities. i'm always right, and whomod is a moron.

few posts
few posts
it's really a conflict of personalities. i'm always right, and whomod is a moron.

I'm always right and this diversity stuff is reverse racism!

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts

Ah...the Dumas Protocols.

Oderint, dum metuant.

-USCHI showin' some love

THE Bastard #945457 2008-05-20 11:34 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: THE Bastard

Ah...the Dumas Protocols.

it's recognized by all the governing bodies of message boards.

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
I don't have a problem with whomod. We are usually on the same side of an arguement though, I think I tend to argue a bit more linearly than he does.

I have to admit, though...there are times when I scroll past his posts. Especially the ones with the youtube stuff.

Oderint, dum metuant.

-USCHI showin' some love

THE Bastard #945478 2008-05-20 11:43 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
you will post basis for your point, and at least admit when your argument is conjecture. whomod quotes made up stories, posts youtube videos of kittens, and from what the local authorities tell us, masturbates feverishly to Teletubbies.

Colonel
100+ posts
Colonel
100+ posts
Teletubbies are really coded messages from the gay agenda in order to make our children gay.

Wow you guys are getting really pathetic, deleating my sig like that.

"We don't delete threads here. BSAMS and mxy are enough of a deterrent for mods abusing their powers like that." - Joe mama; De Jure[
Ollie North #945491 2008-05-20 11:48 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
whomod says, message received!

Colonel
100+ posts
Colonel
100+ posts
our children being indoctrinated by the gay and liberal agenda is no laughing matter son.

Wow you guys are getting really pathetic, deleating my sig like that.

"We don't delete threads here. BSAMS and mxy are enough of a deterrent for mods abusing their powers like that." - Joe mama; De Jure[
Ollie North #945504 2008-05-20 11:56 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i wouldnt go so far as to say whomod has an agenda...

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Looks like Hillary had another huge landslide win with Kentucky. 35 points or so! The pledged delegate gap narrows even more & her popular vote total grows.

Fair play!
the Offline
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
Wonder Boy content User leaving Whomod, rex and Ray Adler to fry in their own bile
3000+ posts Tue May 20 2008 09:50 PM Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Hillary in 2008

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Looks like Hillary had another huge landslide win with Kentucky. 35 points or so! The pledged delegate gap narrows even more & her popular vote total grows.

Quote:
Despite Hillary Clinton's landslide victory in Kentucky, Barack Obama has won a majority of pledged delegates in the race for the Democratic nomination.

Clinton won Kentucky by more than 30 points, but Obama's share of the state's 51 delegates was enough put him over the threshold, according to CNN estimates.

Obama's top strategist, David Axelrod, said this was an "important milestone," but not the end of the trail.

Ironic that a state which gave Clinton such a big win also helped Obama reach a very critical "milestone."

Now MEM continues his fantastic assertion that Hillary's popular vote total grows, like the Clinton campaign keeps claiming that they lead in the popular vote. Just a reminder that the only reason they can do that, is to claim that Obama got zero votes in Michigan, and that voters in Iowa, Nevada, Maine and Washington don't count.

Even if you change the rules and fully seat Michaigan and Florida and count them for the popular vote totals and don't count any portion of the Michigan "uncommitted" (which were understood a the to be for Obama) vote for Obama, Hillary is still behind in the popular vote total. The only way she moves ahead in popular vote is if you do all that and don't count four of the caucus states.

It's sad delusion and the sooner the superdelegates bitch slap her figuratively speaking, the better off we'll all be.

As for Obama can't win the white vote. How'd Oregon go for Hillary? Maybe race has less to do with it and more to do with Appalachia being a haven for uneducated bigots. And that's a constituency that Hillary can be proud of!

Lane Country. 62% Obama!

whomod #945754 2008-05-21 7:40 AM
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Lane County. Home of the of the most liberal anit-American colleges and the city known as American home of anarchy.

Yeah, everyone here is a fucking retard. Stop putting stock in that they say.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
whomod #950475 2008-05-24 1:33 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
Now MEM continues his fantastic assertion that Hillary's popular vote total grows, like the Clinton campaign keeps claiming that they lead in the popular vote. Just a reminder that the only reason they can do that, is to claim that Obama got zero votes in Michigan, and that voters in Iowa, Nevada, Maine and Washington don't count.

It's a fact that Hillary has had more people vote for her & her recent two routes increased her lead. Furthermore there is still Peurta Rico left that could heavilly favor her & has considerably more voters than the two states left that favor Obama. The Michigan tally could be ignored & Hillary may still have a popular vote lead. Although I don't see why she should be punished because Obama decided to take his name of the ballot at the last minute. The DNC didn't require him to do that, he made a choice & that should be his problem to deal with.

Fair play!
rex #950494 2008-05-24 2:04 PM
25+ posts
25+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
Lane County. Home of the of the most liberal anit-American colleges and the city known as American home of anarchy.

Yeah, everyone here is a fucking retard. Stop putting stock in that they say.

You're mistakin son. Every blue state is anti-American.

Last edited by Genocidal Asshole; 2008-05-24 2:04 PM.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I found this on the Huffington Post, a liberal blog that has been mostly unfriendly to Hillary Clinton...
 Quote:
Hillary Clinton made one point, and one point only, in referencing Robert F. Kennedy's assassination. And that's that the Democratic presidential nomination fight has in times passed stretched up to and through June. She used RFK as an example He was assassinated in June and at the time he was still in the thick of the fight for the nomination. The point again is there's nothing unusual about Democrats fighting for the nomination through June even in the face of a national shock such as the Kennedy assassination.

Huffington Post

There is the small chance that the Obama supporters who have been so angry & rightous at Hillary for most of this nomination process will overplay this so much that it bounces back.

Fair play!
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
well I think Obama's people are probably a bit touchy after Huckabee's NRA comments last week.

Bow ties are coool.
100+ posts
100+ posts

Page 58 of 66 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard