Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
 Originally Posted By: whomod

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
The NYT:

Quote:
As the Obama bandwagon has swelled, so have the lists of people Clinton loyalists regard as some variation of “ingrate,” “traitor” or “enemy,” according to the associates and campaign officials, who would speak only on condition of anonymity.

Philippe Reines, a spokesman for both Clintons, said neither kept any specific catalog of those believed to have wronged them. “There is no list,” Mr. Reines said.

The lists maintained by supporters tend to be less formal documents than spoken diatribes, with offenders’ names spat forth in rants, gripe sessions and post-mortems.

Several names and entities are common among various list makers. The lineup invariably begins with A-list members like Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico; Representative James E. Clyburn of South Carolina, the House Democratic whip; Gregory B. Craig, Mr. Clinton’s lawyer in his impeachment and trial; David Axelrod, Mr. Obama’s chief strategist; Senator Claire McCaskill of Missouri; and several Kennedys. Some members of the Democratic Party’s rules committee, the state of Iowa and the caucus system in general are also near the top.

The news media have already focused on some list entries, including the online gossip purveyor Matt Drudge (who had the nerve to show up at Mrs. Clinton’s departure speech on Saturday), Todd S. Purdum of Vanity Fair (the author of a recent profile of Mr. Clinton) and the cable network MSNBC (whose hosts Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann are charter list members, Clinton associates said)....

These are people who should know better than to ask the former president or first lady for a job recommendation for a son-in-law....

While Mrs. Clinton has a short list of people who disappointed her, Mr. Clinton, who reportedly has an encyclopedic memory of all the people he has helped, employed or appointed over the years, apparently has a far longer one, the campaign officials said.

The entire state of Iowa??!

The sooner these petty spiteful people fade into the sunset, the better off the Democratic Party will be.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
The NYT:

Quote:
As the Obama bandwagon has swelled, so have the lists of people Clinton loyalists regard as some variation of “ingrate,” “traitor” or “enemy,” according to the associates and campaign officials, who would speak only on condition of anonymity.

Philippe Reines, a spokesman for both Clintons, said neither kept any specific catalog of those believed to have wronged them. “There is no list,” Mr. Reines said.

The lists maintained by supporters tend to be less formal documents than spoken diatribes, with offenders’ names spat forth in rants, gripe sessions and post-mortems.

Several names and entities are common among various list makers. The lineup invariably begins with A-list members like Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico; Representative James E. Clyburn of South Carolina, the House Democratic whip; Gregory B. Craig, Mr. Clinton’s lawyer in his impeachment and trial; David Axelrod, Mr. Obama’s chief strategist; Senator Claire McCaskill of Missouri; and several Kennedys. Some members of the Democratic Party’s rules committee, the state of Iowa and the caucus system in general are also near the top.

The news media have already focused on some list entries, including the online gossip purveyor Matt Drudge (who had the nerve to show up at Mrs. Clinton’s departure speech on Saturday), Todd S. Purdum of Vanity Fair (the author of a recent profile of Mr. Clinton) and the cable network MSNBC (whose hosts Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann are charter list members, Clinton associates said)....

These are people who should know better than to ask the former president or first lady for a job recommendation for a son-in-law....

While Mrs. Clinton has a short list of people who disappointed her, Mr. Clinton, who reportedly has an encyclopedic memory of all the people he has helped, employed or appointed over the years, apparently has a far longer one, the campaign officials said.

The sooner these petty spiteful people fade into the sunset, the better off the Democratic Party will be.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
...[youtube][/youtube]... ...fucking neocons... ...please notice me... [youtube]olbermann is a golden god[/youtube]... ...lame duck smirking chimp... ...fuck, I hate myself... ...agree with me! please?... ...

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
The NYT:

Quote:

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
...[youtube][/youtube]... ...fucking neocons... ...please notice me... [youtube]olbermann is a golden god[/youtube]... ...lame duck smirking chimp... ...fuck, I hate myself... ...agree with me! please?... ...

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
The NYT:

Quote:

whomod #965351 2008-06-11 11:34 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
The NYT:

Quote:

You may want to keep in mind that the article says there isn't a list. How about something novel Whomod, judge people by the things they actually say & do. Right now she's trying to get as many of her voters to support Obama.

BYW, Hillary recieved the most votes ever in a nomination contest & is still the second highest fundraiser for the party. That pretty much guarentees she'll be an important part of the party as long as she wants.

Fair play!
the Offline
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
Uschi talkative User HomeO-wner, CPhT
15000+ posts Thu Jul 17 2008 01:59 AM Viewing a list of posts
Forum: PJP's Random Chat and Insurgency Roast

the #988845 2008-08-07 2:22 PM
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Hillary's Not Done: Clinton leaves open the possibility of having her name up for nomination at the forthcoming Democratic convention

the G-man #988998 2008-08-08 12:30 AM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
What Does Hillary Want? As Hillary Rodham Clinton negotiates with Barack Obama over her role, her discussion about what might happen at the convention is reverberating everywhere.

the G-man #989437 2008-08-08 11:50 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Hillary's Delegates Still Disgruntled
  • "Unity" in Denver may be more difficult to achieve that some realize.

Brenda Krause is tired of fearmongering among the Democrats.

The 55-year-old delegate to the Democratic National Convention doesn't think the party -- or its unity -- is in any way compromised by her voting for Hillary Rodham Clinton at the roll call. . . .

Though the majority of the Democratic Party backs Sen. Barack Obama, an undercurrent of staunch and loyal Clinton supporters say they'll fight all the way to the national convention, which begins Aug. 25 in Denver, to put her name on the ballot.

the G-man #989508 2008-08-09 1:52 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Obama's about due to pick a VP choice \:\)

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

After the quote in my sig, I'd be very surprised if he picked her at this point.

the G-man #989707 2008-08-09 12:05 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
well it's not going to be John Edwards that is for sure.

PJP #989709 2008-08-09 12:09 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I think it's going to be Evan Bayh, Joe Biden, or Tim Kaine. I think, if Obama wins, Hillary gets a slot on the SCotUS.

PJP #989713 2008-08-09 12:26 PM
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: The New Adventures of Old PJP

perhaps if his moral depravity had come out sooner he coulda won the nomination!

the G-man #989879 2008-08-09 5:46 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

After the quote in my sig, I'd be very surprised if he picked her at this point.

It's too bad Hillary said that because otherwise the GOP would never have thought of attacking Obama on his experience ;\)

The biggest factor on his VP choice is probably going to come down to who gives him the best shot at winning in November. Now that the race has tightened up, he has a little less wiggle room on a pick.

Fair play!
the G-man #989885 2008-08-09 5:56 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I think it's going to be Evan Bayh, Joe Biden, or Tim Kaine. I think, if Obama wins, Hillary gets a slot on the SCotUS.

Your VP list sounds about right except I do think Hillary is still on it. Can't see her ambitions taking her to the Supreme Court though. While a Supreme Court Justice has considerable power, it seems to far in the background for her. She's still gunning for VP IMHO.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

It's too bad Hillary said that because otherwise the GOP would never have thought of attacking Obama on his experience ;\)

Of course they would have pointed out Obama's lack of experience.

The problem with Hillary's quote is more hers than Obama's. Why should Obama pick a running mate who would only gives the GOP more reason to run that clip?

PJP #989888 2008-08-09 6:03 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: The New Adventures of Old PJP

Yeah, from what I gather the best he can hope for is a speaking slot at the convention now. It probably would be best if they kept him away considering that Bill Clinton will already be speaking.

Fair play!
the G-man #989919 2008-08-09 7:55 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Of course they would have pointed out Obama's lack of experience.

The problem with Hillary's quote is more hers than Obama's. Why should Obama pick a running mate who would only gives the GOP more reason to run that clip?

That gets back to who will help him the most in winning the election. If Hillary helps him the most, he'll pick her. What she said wasn't a deal breaker but more along the lines of Bush talking about Reagen's voodoo economics. It gave the other side a quote but ultimatley had little effect at the voting booth.

Fair play!
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
The fact is that Clinton put down Obama in the primary by boosting up McCain. That's not going to do Obama any good come the general election if she's his VP. It's just going to give McCain's campaign more ammo to sink them with. Obama would be stupid to choose her.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
thedoctor #989923 2008-08-09 8:24 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yeah, Bush may have criticized Reagan's economic plan, but he didn't do so while praising Jimmy Carter.

You've also had Bill take a few jabs at Obama's experience, which gives the GOP another clip to use if Barack picks Hillary.

the G-man #990013 2008-08-09 10:27 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
What I think you guys are missing is that it might get me to vote for him. I'm not the only one either. Your theoretical damage you forsee if he picks Hillary wouldn't influence me not to vote for him.

Now I would agree that if another on the VP list appears to help him more he'll go for that one over Hillary but I think your counting her out a wee bit too soon.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
And it appears that Bill is still criticizing Obama's lack of experience:
  • New questions about the former president's support arose after he was asked in an ABC interview that aired on Aug. 4 whether he thought Obama was ready to be commander-in-chief.

``You could argue that no one is ever ready to be president,'' Clinton responded. He added that Obama is ``smart as a whip, so there's nothing he can't learn.''

That's damning with faint praise is what it is.

the G-man #990684 2008-08-11 2:52 AM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Page 63 of 66 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard